Registration for the Northern Marianas College's fall 2012 semester will begin on Monday, Aug. 13 and run through Thursday, Aug. 16, 2012. Students can register on the day designated for their PowerCampus ID number during this week. Late registration is on Friday, Aug. 17, 2012.
The college offers several degree and certificate programs, including a bachelor of science degree in education (emphasis on elementary education, early childhood education, special education, or rehabilitation and human services), associate degrees in business, business administration (emphasis on accounting, business management, or computer applications), liberal arts, nursing, natural resources management, criminal justice, and hospitality management. Moreover, it offers short-term certificate programs in different vocational, academic, and professional areas.
Note that the deadline to submit applications for admission to NMC for the fall 2012 semester was on Tuesday, July 31, 2012. Application forms submitted after the deadline will be processed for the following semester, spring 2013. Also, supporting documents (i.e., transcripts from institutions previously attended, health evaluation form, and copy of a valid photo I.D.) must also be turned in within 60 calendar days of submitting the admission application.
In addition, new or returning (re-admitted to NMC) students are required to attend the fall 2012 student orientation scheduled prior to registration. New or returning students who do not attend a student orientation will not be able to register for courses. To register to attend a student orientation or for additional information, contact Neda C. Deleon Guerrero, NMC Career Services Manager, at 234-5498 Ext. 1313 or email firstname.lastname@example.org.
New students are also required to take the English and Math placement tests before they register. After taking the placement tests, students can meet with their academic advisors, who will assist students complete registration forms and create class schedules. Students may register between 9am and 6pm Monday through Friday during registration week.
Ongoing students must obtain registration clearance at the Finance Office, the NMC Library and/or Office of Admissions and Records before they can register for classes. To find out if any holds exist, students can visit the Office of Admissions and Records in Building N at the NMC As Terlaje campus or call 234-5498 Ext. 1528/1540.
For additional information about the placement tests and registration for the Fall 2012 semester, visit the Office of Admissions and Records or call 234-5498 Ext. 1528/1540, or log on to www.nmcnet.edu. (NMC)
- Aug. 1: Student orientation for new and re-admitted students, 9am to 12:30pm (Rm. D-1)
- Aug. 8: Student orientation for new and re-admitted students, 9am to 12:30pm (Rm. D-1)
- Aug. 9: Student orientation for new and re-admitted students, 4pm to 7:30pm (Rm. D-1)
- Aug. 13: Registration for students with PowerCampus Nos. 000000100 through 000011900
- Aug. 14: Registration for students with PowerCampus Nos. 000011901 through 000015100
- Aug. 15: Registration for students with PowerCampus Nos. 000015101 through 000017660
- Aug. 16: Registration for all new, re-admitted and ongoing students
- Aug. 17: Late Registration for new, re-admitted and ongoing students
English Placement Test Schedule
- Aug. 7, 9, 14, and 16: 9am - 6pm, Building M
- Aug. 8, 10, 13, 15, and 17: 9am - 4pm, Building M
Math Placement Test Schedule
- Aug. 14: 10am - 12pm, Rm. A-9; 5pm - 7pm, Rm. A-9
- Aug. 15: 10am - 12pm, Rm. A-9
- Aug. 16: 10am - 12pm, Rm. A-9; 5pm - 7pm, Rm. A-9
- Aug. 17: 10am - 12pm, Rm. A-9