Home  |  Weather  |  Advertising  |  Classifieds  |  Subscription  |  Contact Us  |  About Us  |  Archives
Home|Weather|Advertising|Classifieds|Subscription|Contact Us|About Us|Archives

link exchange; in-house ad

Thursday, April 24, 2014

Extension of Parole for Immediate Relatives of US Citizens
Parole extensions available from USCIS for legally present spouse, children, and parents

If you are the immediate relative of a U.S. citizen and are residing in the CNMI with parole as of Nov. 5, 2012, you will be able to apply to U.S. Citizenship and Immigration Services for extension of that parole. USCIS has decided to consider extending parole of immediate relatives of U.S. citizens on a case-by-case basis a grant for two years to allow them to maintain legal status in the CNMI.

You must reside in the Commonwealth of the Northern Mariana Islands and be a legal spouse, unmarried child under 21, or parent (regardless of the age of your child) of a United States citizen, referred to as an “immediate relative.” And you must have been granted parole by Nov. 5, 2012 in order to follow this simplified extension request procedure.

Your request for extension of parole must include:

- Letter from the immediate relative asking for an extension of parole (or from the U.S. citizen family member if the immediate relative is a child who is too young to complete the parole request package) and explain:

o under what relationship you are requesting this (such as parent, spouse, child) and

o whether you have been arrested or convicted of any crime since your original request.

- Form G-325, Biographic Information, completed within the past 30 days

- Copy of your I-94;

- Copy of any EAD you have received;

- Copy of your passport, only if a new one was issued to you since you last applied for parole.

Seal all these items in one envelope and clearly write on the outside of the envelope:

- Your name


- The expiration date of your parole

You can make an appointment for your parole extension request at the USCIS Office in Saipan. Or you can mail your request to:

Sirena Plaza, Suite 100
108 Hernan Cortez Avenue
Hagatna, Guam 96910

There is no fee for this extension request. We recommend that you keep a copy of all documents.

This parole extension will allow the immediate relative to remain with the U.S. citizen lawfully in the CNMI, but parole does not authorize employment. Immediate relatives must, as before, obtain an Employment Authorization Document (EAD) by submitting a Form I-765, Application for Employment Authorization or obtain work authorization as a CW-1 CNMI-Only Transitional Worker or other employment-based nonimmigrant status under federal immigration law.

This announcement does not extend to anyone other than the immediate relatives of U.S. citizens. USCIS may grant parole on a case-by-case basis based on the individual circumstances presented and has exercised parole authority on a case-by-case basis in the CNMI since 2009 for special situations.

USCIS is the agency within the Department of Homeland Security (DHS) responsible for immigration benefits. For more information, please visit our website at www.uscis.gov/cnmi.

Back to top Email This Story Print This Story


Home | Weather | Advertising | Classifieds | Subscription | Contact Us | About Us | Archives
©2006 Saipan Tribune. All Rights Reserved

MORE Local