The Joeten-Kiyu Public Library, in partnership with instructor Larry Lee, is bringing back its popular after-school ukulele classes every Thursday from 4pm to 5pm, beginning Feb. 7 until March 28, 2013.
Two types of lessons will be taught, Beginner and Intermediate. Students who passed second level of Lee's previous ukulele class will be able to register for the Intermediate class, while new students or those who wants to refresh their ukulele skills can register for the Beginners class.
- Minimum age requirement: Open to children 8 years or older and adults.
- Tuition: $50 (for eight Thursdays). Advance registration and payment is required
- Venue: Joeten-Kiyu Public Library's Children of Our Homeland Center, Susupe
- Minimum enrollment: 15 students
- Maximum enrollment: 40 students
- Based on first come, first paid/served
Students must provide their own ukuleles and a folder to hold music sheets (Plastic sheet protectors and a three-ring binder are recommended). Lee will also be selling ukuleles. In addition, JKPL will loan ukuleles, but during class lessons only.
Parents/guardians must fill a Liability Waiver Form on behalf of their participating children or adults for themselves and must adhere to all public library policies and procedures.
For more information, visit your Joeten-Kiyu Public Library in Susupe or call 235-7316 or 235-7322-23, fax 235-7550. (JKPL)