Just over two weeks remain for applications to be submitted for the Bank of Guam IFIT Scholarship. Applications are available for the Bank of Guam IFIT Scholarship, which makes $2,000 available for five graduating seniors to attend a U.S. accredited four year college or university. The scholarship also includes a paid summer internship at the bank’s branches.
To be eligible for the program, applicants must:
1. Be U.S. citizens who reside in Guam, the CNMI, Palau, Republic of the Marshall Islands, Federated States of Micronesia or San Francisco, California;
2. Be high school seniors, Class of 2013, (copies of transcripts and SAT/ACT scores required) from an accredited high school with a 3.5 grade point average.
3. Submit the original, numbered application by March 15, 2013 to Bank of Guam, ATTN: Marketing Department;
4. Submit three (3) letters of recommendation, one from a reference of choice;
5. Submit answers to four essay questions.
The scholarship will be available for use at any four-year U.S. accredited college or university, and would be earmarked to those students pursuing degrees in business, finance, accounting, economics or related majors (can be multidisciplinary). Ten semifinalists will be selected by April, who will then be required to submit additional documents, including an acceptance letter to a U.S. accredited four-year college or university.
Lou A. Leon Guerrero, Bank of Guam board chair, president and chief executive officer stated, “We are very proud to offer graduating high school seniors an opportunity to continue their education at an accredited college or university. Given Bank of Guam’s longstanding service and commitment to higher education for its communities, it is a privilege to continue this commitment.”
Last year’s awardees were graduates of Guam’s Notre Dame High School, Academy of Our Lady of Guam and Southern High. Additionally, graduates from Saipan’s Kagman High and Pohnpei’s Seventh-Day Academy won the scholarships and paid internships.
Applications are available at all Bank of Guam branches and the Customer Service Department in Hagatna branch lobby. They have also been distributed to Guam’s high schools. Only originals will be accepted. (BOG)