The deadline to register for the Public School System’s online courses is this week. Register at www.goo.gl/PLCLY by Aug. 28, 2013. You will receive your course confirmations by next week when school starts. Interested and registered online students are requested to attend the school orientations listed below.
- Aug. 27, 9am at MHS Gym: Freshmen
- Aug. 28, 9am at MHS Gym: Sophomore and Junior
- Aug. 29, 9am at MHS Gym: Seniors
- Sept. 5, 5pm to 6pm in TJSH library.
- Aug. 27, 1:30pm to 2:30pm in KHS Cafe: Freshmen and seniors
- Aug. 28, 1:30pm to 2:30pm in KHS Cafe: Sophomores and juniors
- Aug. 30, 9am to 11am: Freshmen
- Aug. 30, 1pm to 3pm: Incoming transfers
- All other grades, inquire with SSHS at 664-4000
- Sept. 3 to 6: All grades during assigned online block in DE Room
- Aug. 28, 9:30am to 10:30am at CHA Cafe: 7th and 8th
- Inquire with your school at 664-5075
PRIVATE SCHOOLS (SIS, GCA, MCS, and others)
- Aug. 30, 3:30pm to 4:30pm at PSS Central Office, first floor conference room, Susupe.
Note that this orientation is different from the mandatory face-to-face meeting with your eTeacher during the first week of school (Sept. 3 to 6). Science and Algebra 2 eTeachers will be commuting to Tinian and Rota to meet with students.
For students to succeed, they must go through the Course Sites “Student Orientation: Your Path to Success,” screencasts titled “Student Orientation” and “Course Navigation” from DE Lievebinder (www.livebinders.com/play/play?id=944564), and the PowerPoint from the PSS website (www.cnmipss.org/?page_id=3112). These will be displayed and counselors will be answering questions during orientation at your school. The screencast and PowerPoint is less than 5 minutes each. (PSS)