The Northern Marianas College’s Adult Basic Education program, which focuses on meeting the educational needs of adult learners, has announced the following important dates for Session II that begins in October:
- Sept. 23-34: Registration for Ongoing/Returning Students, 10am-4pm, ABE Office in Building T
- Sept. 25-26: Registration for New Students, 10am-4pm, ABE Office in Building T
- Sept. 27 & 30: Late Registration, 9am-4pm, ABE Office in Building T
- Sept. 27 & Oct. 4: Late CASAS Assessment Tests, 9:30am and 1pm
- Sept. 30 – Oct. 4: Add/Drop Course(s) Week, 8am-5pm, ABE Office in Building T
- Oct. 1: Student Orientation, 5pm-6pm, ABE Office in Building T
- Oct. 2: First Day of Instruction
New students and those who have been out of the ABE program for over a year must make an appointment at the Adult Basic Education Office in Building T to take the CASAS Assessment Test.
Also, the ABE program is currently closing out the 2002 GED Test Series, which means that those planning to take the GED National Test for the first time must take the computer-based GED national tests ($24 per test). Additional information is available at the ABE Office in Building T.
Note that this schedule is subject to change. For additional information, contact ABE at 237-6713 or visit www.marianas.edu. (NMC)