Registration for the Northern Marianas College’s upcoming spring 2014 semester will begin on Monday, Jan. 13, and run through Thursday, Jan. 16, 2014. Students can register on the day designated for their PowerCampus ID number during registration week. Late registration is on Friday, Jan. 17, 2014.
The deadline to apply for admission for the spring 2014 semester is Friday, Dec. 20, 2013. Applications for admission and other forms may be picked up at NMC’s Office of Admissions & Records located in Building N at the NMC As Terlaje campus, or may be downloaded from www.marianas.edu on the spring 2014 Registration Information page. Application forms submitted after Dec. 20 will be processed for the following semester.
Note that new students and returning students (those who did not take courses at NMC during the previous semester) are required to take the English and Math placement tests before they register. Students may schedule to take the placement tests by contacting acting testing coordinator Queanna Sablan, at 237-6774/6790 or visiting the Testing Center in Building I. Placement test dates may also be viewed online at www.marianas.edu.
New and returning students are also required to attend a student orientation in order to register for courses. It is highly recommended that students confirm which orientation they will be attending by contacting the Sablan at 237-6774/6790 or emailing email@example.com.
After taking the placement tests and attending student orientation, students can meet with their academic advisors, who will assist students complete registration forms and create class schedules. Students may register between 9am and 6pm Monday through Friday during registration week.
Ongoing students must obtain registration clearance at the Finance Office, the NMC Library and/or Office of Admissions and Records before they can register for classes. To find out if any holds exist, students can visit the Office of Admissions and Records in Building N or call 237-6768/6769/6771.
NMC offers several degree programs, including a bachelor of science degree in education (emphasis on elementary education, early childhood education, special education, or rehabilitation and human services), associate degrees in business, business administration (emphasis on accounting, business management, or computer applications), liberal arts, nursing, natural resources management, criminal justice, and hospitality management. Moreover, it offers short-term certificate programs in different vocational, academic, and professional areas.
For additional information or inquiries, contact the Office of Admissions and Records at 237-6768/6769/6771 or visit www.marianas.edu. (NMC)
- Dec. 20, 2013: NMC spring 2014 admission application deadline (for new and returning students)
- Jan. 2, 2014: Student orientation for new and returning students (3pm-5:30pm, Room D-1)
- Jan. 8: Student orientation for new and returning students (6pm-8:30pm, Room D-1)
- Jan. 9: Student orientation for new and returning students (9am-11:30am, Room D-1)
- Jan. 10: Early registration for spring 2014 graduation candidates and students under Disability Support Services
- 13: Registration for students with PowerCampus ID #s 000000138 through 000014370
- Jan. 14: Registration for students with PowerCampus ID #s 000014371 through 000017530
- Jan. 15: Registration for students with PowerCampus ID #s 000017531 through 000019617
- Jan. 16: Registration for new, re-admitted, and ongoing students and students with PowerCampus ID #s 000019618 or Higher
- Jan. 17: Late registration