HAGATNA, Guam—Bank of Guam announced yesterday that applications are now available for its 2014 IFIT Scholarship Program, which makes $2,000 available for five graduating high school seniors to attend a U.S. accredited four-year college or university. The scholarship also includes a paid summer internship at the bank’s branches.
To be eligible for the program, applicants must:
1. Reside in Guam, the CNMI, Palau, Marshall Islands, Federated States of Micronesia, or San Francisco, California;
2. Be high school seniors, Class of 2014 (copies of transcripts and SAT/ACT scores required);
3. Submit the original, numbered application by March 14, 2014, to Bank of Guam, ATTN: Marketing Department;
4. Submit three letters of recommendation, one from a reference of choice; and
5. Submit answers to four essay questions.
The scholarship will be available for use at any four-year U.S. accredited college or university. Eight semifinalists will be selected by April and will then be required to submit additional documents, including an acceptance letter to a U.S. accredited four-year college or university.
Last year’s awardees were graduates of Guam’s Academy of Our Lady of Guam and Father Duenas Memorial School. Additionally, graduates from Saipan’s Kagman High School, Marianas Baptist Academy and Grace Christian Academy won the scholarships and paid internships.
Applications are available at all Bank of Guam branches, Customer Service Department in Hagatna branch lobby and Marketing Department. They have also been distributed to Guam’s high schools. Only originals will be accepted.
Contact Jackie Marati at 472-5258 or email@example.com for any information. (BOG)