The Marianas March Against Cancer is still two months away, yet organizers are already poised for another big event—20 teams have so far committed to join the fight against cancer.
“We have had a great start into this year’s event with events and fundraisers filling up our calendars left and right, but the most exciting thing about this whole process is that we currently have 20 teams committed compared to last year’s number of 18,” said MMAC 2018 Team Recruitment chair Catherine Attao-Toves.
This year’s teams include:
• Team Triple J Lancherus (Triple J and Chacha Oceanview Jr. High School)
• Team Bodig
• Team Bridge Capital/Marianas Young Professionals (MYPros)
• Team CHADIC (Cancer, HIV, AIDS and Diabetes Illness Coalition)
• Team CNMI Government/Ayuda Network
• Team Docomo Pacific/Ol’Aces
• Team Faiye
• Team Hopwood Middle School
• Team IPI Dolphins (Imperial Pacific International and Marianas High School)
• Team IT&E/Saipan Southern High School
• Team Joeten Eagles (Joeten Enterprises and Grace Christian Academy)
• Team Marianas Health Services
• Team MCS Knights (Mount Carmel School)
• Team NMC/LDTF (Northern Marianas College and Lady Diann Torres Foundation)
• Team NMIFA (Northern Mariana Islands Football Association)
• Team Pacific Islands Club
• Team PSS/SPC (Public School System Central and Saipan Paddling Club)
• Team Talaabwogh Stars
• Team Tan Holdings/Kagman High School
• Team Tribe Marianas
Attao-Toves noted that Team CHADIC will be the first team from Tinian to join MMAC.
“It’s very exciting to welcome Team CHADIC from Tinian to take on this challenge of joining our fight against cancer, and we are definitely looking forward to welcoming them to the MMAC track on event night. MMAC is a Commonwealth-wide event, and we encourage everyone from Saipan, Tinian, and Rota to join this cause,” she said.
The next MMAC team captains’ meeting will be today, March 13, starting at 5:30pm in the Commonwealth Cancer Association office conference room on Middle Road, Gualo Rai.
For more information or to sign up your team for the 2018 Marianas March Against Cancer, email firstname.lastname@example.org or follow the Marianas March Against Cancer Facebook page at facebook.com/MMAC2018. (PR)