$75K wage hike for PSS leadership team, legal counsels OK’d


Attorney Ramon K. Quichocho denied raping Jung Ja Kim on the floor of his apartment unit while his daughter was sleeping on the bed in December 2008.

In the continuation of his testimony in federal court yesterday, Quichocho also pointed to his wife, Frances, as actually the person who exchanged numerous chats and text messages with Kim by using his password in his email account and cell phone.

When Saipan Tribune left the courtroom late afternoon yesterday, Kim’s other counsel, Colin Thompson, was questioning Quichocho.

Attorney Michael Dotts, counsel for Quichocho and his wife Frances, stated that during her recent testimony Kim alleged that Quichocho raped her while she was resting on the floor a few feet away from the bed where his daughter was sleeping on Dec. 10, 2008.

“That’s not true,” Quichocho replied.

Quichocho also denied Kim’s allegations that she had sex with him at a beach in Kagman on Dec. 12 or 13, 2008.

The lawyer said on Dec. 12, 2008, he and Kim and his other daughter watched a mixed martial arts fight at the Saipan World Resort in Susupe.

Dotts played a brief video of the Trench Warz IX The Annihilation at World Resort on Dec. 12, 2008, in which Quichocho identified himself, Kim, and his daughter in the video.

Quichocho also denied Kim’s allegations that she had consensual sex with him in the parking lot of Aquarius Beach Tower Hotel in Chalan Kanoa on Dec. 30, 2008.

Quichocho recounted that he and his wife, Frances, picked up Kim at the airport and dropped her off at her unit at Aquarius Hotel, then they went home.

After showing several pictures of the parking lot, Dotts asked Quichocho if he had sex with Kim in the parking lot of the hotel, which the lawyer denied.

He said Frances formed Latte Stone company in October or November 2008 and that it was that period when they began to have problems and friction in their lives.

Quichocho said Kim would actually tell him that Frances does not love him anymore and that she [Frances] was going to divorce him.

He said his marital problem worsened to the point where they were not speaking anymore in the latter part of December 2008. In January 2008 it got so bad that he told himself he would divorce Frances.

Sometime in February 2008, Quichocho said, he and Frances agreed to go on vacation in the Philippines as a means to fix their problem. He said it was actually a successful reconciliation trip with Frances.

“I realized I still love my wife. It’s a healing process,” Quichocho said.

Quichocho said it was in the Philippines when they talked about the cause of their problems, where he learned that Kim was the source of their tension.

Quichocho said that Frances revealed to him that she and Kim went for a trip in Las Vegas. In that trip, Kim allegedly told Frances to leave Quichocho and that Kim was going to help her put up her own business so she would be financially independent. Kim was also allegedly encouraging Frances not to trust Quichocho and to divorce him.

Quichocho said that Frances also revealed to him that she was the one who was actually chatting with Kim. Quichocho said that Frances knew his password to his email account and his phone. He said he was not the one sending sexually explicit messages to Kim.

“I was angry. I was disappointed. Of course I was sad. I always treated Ms. Kim as a sister,” he said, referring to his alleged discovery that it was Kim who created the animosity. “She tried to break us up.”

Quichocho denied Kim’s testimony that the three of them had a threesome twice.

He said that when they came back from the Manila trip, Kim already moved her things from a room in his office back to the first floor of the building. He said some items in Kim’s office were taken, including Tan Dingo LLC documents.

Quichocho said he met Kim at Café at the Park in Garapan on Feb. 24 or 25 in 2009, where he told her they’re not friends and family anymore because of what he discovered. He told her to hire a new lawyer. He said the meeting was short because it was tense. Quichocho said he told Kim that he had learned that she wanted to sleep with his wife.

The following day after that meeting, he went to Rota and met with Latte Stone employees and told them that Frances and Kim had ended their business relationship. He denied telling one employee to call the police if Kim or Kim’s employees would come to Latte Stone Poker. He also denied firing that employee.

Quichocho said Kim would later harass them by cutting the water supply to the law office and apartment unit. He said Kim’s employee also put a camera on the second floor to monitor them.

He said he also considered filing a lawsuit against Kim over the tenancy problem, but he withheld it after Kim’s new counsel, Robert Torres, told him he would fix the matter.

He said they decided to move their office and apartment from Kim’s building to Gualo Rai in September 2009.

He said on Dec. 18, 2009, Kim sued him so he also filed counterclaims for attorney’s fees, conversion, and fraud.

Moneth G. Deposa | Reporter

Related Posts

Disclaimer: Comments are moderated. They will not appear immediately or even on the same day. Comments should be related to the topic. Off-topic comments would be deleted. Profanities are not allowed. Comments that are potentially libelous, inflammatory, or slanderous would be deleted.