Another fire broke out on Saipan, this time engulfing a house in Kagman III early Sunday morning.
No one was reported hurt in the blaze that burned down a small tin and wooden house.
Police officer Jason Tarkong said the case is under further investigation, although fire investigators believe that a lit mosquito coil triggered the blaze.
Tarkong said that firemen responded at 2:27am after receiving a call about the fire. When firefighters arrived at the scene, the house was already engulfed in flames.
Tarkong said a 54-year-old man who lived in the house was not injured.
Last Nov. 17, three fires broke out in San Antonio, Chalan Piao, and Chalan Kanoa.
The first fire broke out in San Antonio around 7:45am, razing to the ground three houses and one store.
As firefighters were clearing up between 9:30am and 10am, another fire occurred at the abandoned former Stardust Nightclub in Chalan Kanoa-Chalan Piao area. No one was injured in both incidents.
At about 8pm, a third blaze engulfed an unoccupied commercial building across Mt. Carmel Cathedral in Chalan Kanoa.
No one was reported injured in the fire that razed the interior of a one-story concrete building owned by Niizeki International Saipan Co. Ltd.
Sources said investigators were looking into possibility that the fires at the Niizeki building and at the former Stardust Night Club were intentionally set off.