CIMARON UPGRADED TO TROPICAL STORM CONDITION II
All government offices have been shut down and the CNMI Public School System has canceled all classes on Saipan and Tinian today due to Tropical Storm Cimaron.
“Because of the anticipated threat of Tropical Storm Cimaron, I have upgraded the islands of Saipan and Tinian to Tropical Storm Condition II. Effective immediately, all government offices will be shut down, and all non-critical government employees are released to prepare for the storm,” Gov. Ralph DLG Torres said in a statement.
The CNMI Public School System, through the Office of the Commissioner Glenn Muna, also said that it will be releasing all public schools that Saipan and Tinian public schools (all levels) will be closed under further notice. Rota public schools will remain open.
The CNMI Office of Homeland Security and Emergency Management, through the CNMI Emergency Operations Center State Warning Point, will maintain 24-hour operation, monitor the movement of Tropical Storm Cimaron and will be issuing bulletins as they become available.
Additionally, HSEM advises to keep a close watch on updates to weather forecasts and stay informed on the latest statements and advisories which will be available through local media sources and NOAA Weather radio broadcast on 162.5 megahertz, or call CNMI EOC State Warning Point at 237-8000 or 664-8000, and for the Northern Islands to contact CNMI EOC State warning point at high frequency single side band radio on frequency 5.205.0.
– CNMI EOC State Warning Point Facebook: https://www.facebook.com/cnmieocswp/
– CNMI Office of the Governor Facebook: https://www.facebook.com/CNMIGov/
– Governor Ralph DLG. Torres Facebook: https://www.facebook.com/ralphdlg.torres/
– CNMI Joint Information Center: https://www.facebook.com/JICNMI/
– NWS Website: http://www.prh.noaa.gov/guam/
– NWS Facebook: https://www.facebook.com/NWSGuam/