In a festive mood, the ladies of the Farndale Avenue Housing Estate Townswomen’s Guild Dramatic Society are ready to mount an assault on the classics with their stage version of Charles Dickens’s “A Christmas Carol.” They enthusiastically portray a dizzy array of characters from the holiday favorite (and a few which aren’t), engineer some novel audience participation while bravely contending with an intrusive PA system and wrap their vocal cords and feet around two original, show stopping songs.
Auditions are set at the Marianas High School on Oct. 18 and 25 at 6pm. Show dates are on Dec. 15, 16, and 17.
Roles up for grabs are the following:
– Mrs. Reece – elegant, bossy, enterprising; female, mid-40s to mid-50s
– Thelma – quick tempered Prima Donna; female, mid-30s to mid-40s
– Mercedes – dispassionate yet tenacious; female, not young
– Felicity – nervous, well meaning but incompetent actress; female, mid-20s to mid-30s
– Gordon – long-suffering stage manager, frozen-faced/monotonous when acting; male, adult
For more information contact MariLou @256-9540 or email email@example.com, subject line: Christmas Show. (PR)