The Central Statistics Division of the Department of Commerce is currently conducting the 2016 Prevailing Wage and Work Assessment Survey and needs an additional five survey Enumerators for the 2016 PWWAS for the island of Saipan.
The survey gathers vital employment and occupational data which provides pertinent information to determine the prevailing wage rates for the CNMI as well as a demographic profile of our local workforce that will be used for labor training programs and business policy decisions.
Duration for the survey enumeration will not exceed 90 days but is subject to early completion due to the rate of progress of the enumeration work.
Applications are to be turned in to CSD as soon as possible.
This position is located within the Central Statistics Division, Department of Commerce, Saipan. The incumbent is under the general supervision of the Director of Central Statistics Division.
Duties and responsibilities:
- Must review assigned workload and plan survey routes.
- Must establish contact and personally visit every assigned business establishment and conduct the 2016 PWWAS.
- Must work with business owner, human resource personnel or its designee to complete a 2016 CNMI Prevailing Wage Study survey questionnaire.
- Must maintain and regularly update a log/record of each business visited and completed.
- Must keep a close contact and coordinate daily or on a regular basis with the CSD office to maintain good flow of work.
- Maintains strict confidentiality of all survey questionnaires and related materials and information.
- Must have reliable transportation as majority of work will be performed out in the field.
- Reports to work in accordance with the Personnel Service System Rules and Regulations.
- Conducts herself/himself in accordance with the PSSRR and 3 CMC, Division 4, Section 44134.
- Performs other related duties and responsibilities as assigned.
Applicants’ requirements for non-government employees:
- OPM application filled out and signed and dated (Resume not needed just employment history part of the application filled out will suffice).
- A copy of a valid CNMI driver’s license.
- A copy of high school diploma or GED or college.
- A copy of police clearance that is still valid upon start of the survey.
- A copy of Social Security Card.
All completed application forms and required supporting documents should be turned in to the Central Statistics Office located in Capitol Hill.
Application forms can be downloaded from the following address http://www.cnmiopm.net/resources/files/Employee%20Application.pdf or they can be picked up at the Office of Personnel Management located at their new location at the Springs Plaza Middle Road. OPM Office hours are 7:30am-11:30am and 12:30am-4:30pm, Monday to Friday and closed on legal holidays. Tel: (670) 234-6925.
Questions concerning the position or submission of the application can be directed to Central Statistics Division staff Brenda Rideb, Fermin Sakisat, or Tom Torres at (670) 664-3023/3045. (PR)