COMMUNITY BRIEFS – May 12, 2023
Tag: Lower Navy Hill
Scheduled power service interruption for Lower Navy Hill
There will be a scheduled power service interruption on Tuesday, May 16, 2023, for Lower Navy Hill, from 9am to 1pm.
- Area(s) affected: Lower Navy Hill (Saluda St., Publiko Dr., Laluw Ln., & Pattida Dr.)
- Purpose: For the line crew to replace two defective primary poles.
- Water well(s) affected: None
- Wastewater facility affected: None
- Traffic light(s) affected: None
For the safety of our crew, motorists are advised to use caution while driving in the area.
For more information, contact the Commonwealth Utilities Corp. hotline at (670) 236-4333 or monitor its Facebook page for the latest updates (https://www.facebook.com/CommonwealthUtilitiesCorporation/). (PR)
4.9-magnitude quake near Merizo
At 3:43am on May 11 2023, a report of a 4.9-magnitude earthquake occurred 158 kilometers south-southwest of Merizo Village, Guam. Currently, there are no tsunami warnings or advisories that were issued by the Pacific Tsunami Warning Center. For more information, contact the CNMI EOC State Warning Point at 237-8000. (PR)
5.0-magnitude quake southwest of Merizo
At 8:31am on May 10, 2023, a report of a 5.0-magnitude earthquake occurred 149 kilometers southwest of Merizo Village, Guam. Currently, no tsunami warnings or advisories are issued by the Pacific Tsunami Warning Center. For more information, contact the CNMI EOC State Warning Point at 237-8000. (PR)
Water service interruption for Capital Hill TSA
There will be a scheduled water service interruption tomorrow, May 13, 2023, for the Capital Hill Tank Service Area, from 8:30am to 2:30pm.
- Area(s) affected: Capitol Hill; Wireless Ridge, Talafofo, I-Denni, and portions of Papago;
- Purpose: The scheduled water outage is necessary for Commonwealth Utilities Corp. water operators to repair a mainline leak on Marshall Loop on Capital Hill;
- Road (s) affected: CUC operators will be working on the shoulder of the eastbound lane. For the safety of our crew, motorists are advised to use caution while driving in the area.
For more information, contact the CUC Hotline at (670) 236-4333 or monitor our Facebook page for the latest updates (https://www.facebook.com/CommonwealthUtilitiesCorporation/). (PR)
SHRM membership meeting today
The CNMI Chapter of the Society for Human Resource Management will host a membership meeting today, May 12, 2023, at the Saipan World Resort Sunflower Ballroom, from 11:30pm to 2:30pm. Doors will open at 11am.
John J. Rivera, director of HR & Corporate Development at Citadel Pacific, Ltd., will guide SHRM members in unlocking personality type and provide tools to leverage the understanding of people in the workplace, improve leadership, and socially engineer more conducive working environments.
The following fees apply:
- $30 for members
- $35 for non-members
This meeting will include lunch. Seating is limited. (PR)
Free PTAC webinars
The Guam Procurement Technical Assistance Center is offering free webinars for May 2023. Webinars are held every Thursday from 10am to 11:30am via Zoom. Zoom links are emailed to all registered attendees 30 minutes before the webinar. Register at https://www.guamptac.com/news-and-events.php (PTAC)