COTA to provide free rides at Monster Mash
With so many events to go to and choose from, children all over the islands are excited for their Halloween trick-or-treating today!
Children on Saipan will have their trick-or-treat baskets full today:
– Trunk-or-Treat event hosted by the Joeten-Kiyu Public Library at its parking lot from 2:30pm to 5:30pm;
– A Trunk-or-Treat event hosted by Atkins Kroll at its Toyota showroom in Oleai from 6pm to 9pm;
– Dandan Middle School’s My WAVE club is hosting a Halloween evening at the annual DMS Trick O’ Treat from 5pm until all the treats are given away.
– The Commonwealth Utilities Corp.’s Trunk-or-Treat from 5pm to 7pm at the Joeten Dandan parking lot.
– Monster Mash at the Garapan Fishing Base, with the parade starting at the American Memorial Park at 7pm.
Government offices, led by the Department of Community and Cultural Affairs, have pulled together resources to make the first-ever Monster Mash a treat for the children.
The Saipan Mayor’s Office will be having a booth at the Garapan Fishing Base, and are ready to give away thousands of bags of treats.
DCCA Secretary Robert H. Hunter said the Commonwealth Office of Transit Authority will be providing rides between the American Memorial Park and the Garapan Street Market from 6:30pm to 9pm, free of charge, for the public participating in the Halloween parade.
“You can park at the AMP and catch a ride back to your car after the parade or after enjoying the candy handouts, costume contests and other Halloween fun at the Garapan Street Market,” Hunter said, “or you can park at the Garapan Street Market and catch a COTA ride over to the AMP to participate in the parade and have your car at the parade route’s end!”
Following the parade is a costume contest and the announcement of the Scarecrow Show winner.
“Prizes will be given in child, adult, and group costume categories for the best self-made costumes. You must be in the parade to qualify,” Hunter said.
Children can also go all-out trick or treating at the Halloween Row at the Street Market.
The Marianas Monster Mash is free and open to everyone. For more information about the event, visit DCCA’s social media pages at @dccamarianas, call 788-2478, or email at email@example.com.