Cup BAB in San Jose will have its long-awaited opening today and will serve the same Korean topping deliciousness customers have grown accustomed to at its main branch at BAB Korean Restaurant in Garapan.
Located as the former snack bar on the left side of the San Jose Mart, Cup BAB in San Jose actually soft-opened last week but will be fully operational beginning today, according to restaurant staff Dante Conlu.
For the meantime, Cup BAB San Jose will only have nine food items and three kinds of drinks. That will be the:
• Original BAB (beef bulgogi, noodles, lettuce, rice);
• Volcano BAB (spicy pork, noodles, lettuce, rice);
• Ugly BAB (fried chicken, noodles, lettuce, rice);
• Combo BAB (beef, noodles, lettuce, and rice);
• LA-BBQ BAB (beef short ribs, kimchee, noodles, lettuce, rice);
• Shake BAB (rice topped with vegetables and beef);
• Tteok (rice cake and fish cake in spicy sauce);
• Dak Gangjeong (sweet and sour chicken); and
• Mandoo (4 piece soft-fried dumplings)
The three drinks available are Hawaiian ice tea, cinnamon/ginger tea, and ice coffee.
“We will cook the same food that our customers enjoy at the original Cup BAB in Garapan. We’d like to offer more, but because of the limited space at our kitchen in San Jose we can only offer nine items,” said Conlu, who added that plans are afoot to include Galbi Soup and Kimchi Soup to the menu.
Unlike the drive-thru service at the Garapan branch, Cup BAB San Jose is only a take-out curbside and walk-up service.
Conlu said the opening of Cup BAB San Jose finally fulfills BAB Korean Restaurant’s promise to its many customers in San Jose, Oleai, and the more southern part of Saipan to open a second branch closer to home.
“They have asked us for the longest time to open a new branch, even just a satellite location somewhere in the middle of the island. I guess, we’ve finally fulfilled our end of the bargain,” said Conlu.
He also has good news for fans of BAB Korean Restaurant’s dine-in service. Conlu said the flagship Garapan restaurant will soon open its doors to dine-in patrons.
Cup BAB San Jose is open from Monday to Sunday, 10am-8pm. For more information or for pre-orders, call 235-4222.