TAMUNING, Guam—Docomo Pacific launched yesterday an art competition for residents in Guam, Saipan, Tinian, and Rota.
Docomo Pacific is inviting Marianas residents to submit entries to the “One Marianas: All of Us Together” art competition.
From now until Nov. 13, Guam and CNMI residents will get a chance to have their design featured on the new Docomo Pacific prepaid cards.
Docomo Pacific is looking for artwork by professional and/or amateur artists that showcases our unique culture and life in the Marianas. All ages may participate. Docomo Pacific will select three winners who will be awarded $500 for their artwork.
To join, check out artcontest.docomopacific.com and download the prepaid card template. All artwork must meet the following requirements:
– Incorporate your idea of “ONE Marianas: All of Us Together.”
– Artwork must be in jpeg format and scalable to 2.5’’ (height) x 5.125’’ (width).
– Artwork must be two-dimensional.
– Artwork must be original and unpublished.
– Artwork must not contain, incorporate, or use any content material that is owned by a third party or entity.
– Photographic images will not be accepted.
– Only one submission per artist.
– Submission must include name, village, island, and contact information.
– Artist must reside in Guam, on Saipan, Tinian, or Rota.
– Artwork must be submitted by Nov. 13, 2017, to artcontest.docomopacific.com.
Jonathan Kriegel, Docomo Pacific president and chief executive officer, said, “Art connects us all and we hope this art competition will showcase our unique and beautiful culture. Our prepaid art competition is an exciting opportunity to celebrate local artists and their dynamic energy, talent, and skills. We encourage artists in Guam, Saipan, Tinian, and Rota to join and let their creativity shine.” (PR)