The CNMI Department of Labor would like to invite interested individuals and U.S.-eligible workers affected by recent layoffs or business closures to attend the CNMI Department of Labor’s Job Fair on Saturday, Oct. 6, from 9am to 3pm at the Kagman High School cafeteria.
Several businesses and entities will be on site to promote their organizations and recruit future employees. Interested participants and those affected by recent layoffs or business closures are urged to bring a copy of their résumé and be prepared to fill out job applications or applicable DOL forms. All Department of Labor units and representatives will be at the fair. The fair is open to the public, free to attend, and no advance registration is required.
For U.S. eligible workers who were affected by recent layoffs or business closures, the DOL Employment Services Unit and the Workforce Investment Agency Units and their representatives will be there to help you. Both units will help you prepare for the services you may need while transitioning through these challenging moments.
• Services include job placement services registration; resume development; interview preparation.
• Workforce Investment Agency job training services (for U.S. eligible workers).
• Occupational skills: Workers willing to train for a new occupation may be able to receive assistance and/or supportive services for short-term skills training through one of our approved service providers.
• Basic Education: Workers can improve their basic English and math skills or receive a high school equivalency diplomas through one of our core partners or approved service providers.
• On-The-Job or Work Experience Training: Workers who want a career change can receive assistance and/or supportive services for on-the-job or work experience training with one of our business or community partners open to training new workers.
The Department of Labor will work with participants to quickly maximize public and private resources to minimize the disruption on affected workers, and communities associated with job loss. There is no cost to you or your community for these services.
For more information about the job fair or DOL Employment Services Unit, contact 664-3190 or 322-0996. For Workforce Investment Agency Unit, contact 670-664-1708. (PR)