The CNMI Division of Energy under the Department of Public Works is inviting all interested home appliance distributors, retailers and vendors to register to participate in the CNMI State Energy Program – Energy Star Appliance Rebate Program as a qualified participating vendor or retailer partner of energy-efficient Energy Star-rated appliances to encourage energy-efficiency and to promote the importance of energy conservation in the CNMI.
To participate and qualify as a participating distributor, retailer or vendor in the program:
1. Must have the ability to supply, deliver, and install, new energy-efficient Energy Star-rated qualified clothes washers, refrigerators, or room air conditioners. Only products that bear the Energy Star logo and are listed on the Energy Star-qualified product lists available on www.energystar.gov are eligible for rebates as part of this program. In addition, the SEP-ESARP will also qualify, under U.S. Environmental Protection Agency standards, non-Energy Star rated split-type room air-conditioning units with seasonal energy efficiency ratio of 18.0 or higher.
2. Must be able to provide the following required services:
– Installation of new energy-efficient appliances, 100 percent;
– Hauling away old appliances, 100 percent;
– Recapturing of refrigerants and oils, 100 percent;
– Decommissioning, disposal, and recycling of used appliances replaced by the program.
3. Must comply with all federal and CNMI laws and regulations relating to the proper recapturing, storage and disposal of all recovered refrigerants.
4. Must agree to adhere to any and all additional requirements of the program.
5. Must attend mandatory meeting on June 5, 2019, at 10:30am, at the Division of Energy, located at House 1337, Ascension Drive, Capital Hill, Saipan.
Interested retailers/vendors doing business on Tinian and Rota may attend the meeting through teleconference call by dialing telephone number (670) 664-4480 at 10:30am.
Letters of requests to participate in the program must be addressed to Ms. Thelma B. Inos, Director, CNMI Energy Division Office. Letter must also include a statement, on official company letterhead, certifying that minimum requirements are met and that the above services can be performed. Letters must be submitted to the CNMI Energy Division Office, at House 1337, Ascencion Dr., Capital Hill, Saipan, or received by email at email@example.com or firstname.lastname@example.org, no later than 4:30pm on June 7, 2019.
Funding for this program is made possible through a grant by the U.S. Department of Energy. (PR)