Faulty electrical wiring reportedly triggered a fire at a semi-concrete house in As Terlaje on Friday morning.
No one was reported injured during the blaze, according to Department of Fire and Emergency Medical Services spokesman Derek Gersonde.
Gersonde said the fire badly damaged the interior of the single-dwelling, semi-concrete house occupied by a family.
DFEMS received a call from the Department of Public Safety dispatch about a structure fire on Friday at 8:46am.
Firefighters from Susupe, Kagman, and Koblerville fire stations responded to the location and placed the blaze under control at 9:24am.
Gersonde said Arson Investigation Unit investigators determined that the origin of the fire was by the electric meter box.
The fire spread to the ceiling, then to the kitchen and living room. The fire on the ceiling also engulfed two bedrooms. The bathroom had smoke and heat damage.
Gersonde said DFEMS closed the case after determining that the cause was electrical.
Last Wednesday, cooking with a gas stove started a fire at a one-story, semi-concrete house occupied by a family in San Vicente.
From Jan. 20 to April 20, 2016, Saipan Tribune recorded at least six fire incidents on Saipan, including a bush fire.