WITH ACCELERATED EARNING WITH GAS AND GROCERY PURCHASES
Cardholders receive 2 miles on gas, grocery, and United Airlines ticket purchases, up to two free checked bags, two United Club passes per year, plus a limited-time 30,000-mile new account bonus offer. FHB to sponsor a sweepstakes giving away up to 2 Million United MileagePlus miles
First Hawaiian Bank introduced yesterday its new United Credit Card, allowing cardholders to receive 2 miles per dollar spent on everyday gas and grocery purchases, in addition to 2 miles per dollar spent on United Airlines ticket purchases, with no mileage caps.
Customers will enjoy enhanced card benefits including free first and second checked bags* on United flights, two United Club passes annually, no foreign transaction fees**, complimentary upgrade eligibility for the cardholders with Premier status on award tickets, and no blackout dates when redeeming miles for travel.
New cardholders who apply by July 31, 2019, will receive a bonus offer of 30,000 miles after spending $1,500 within the first three months of opening an account, and a low introductory rate APR for the first eight cycles on balance transfers received in the first 30 days of account opening.
FHB’s United Credit Card has a $0 introductory annual fee for the first year, and $99 annually thereafter**.
“We’re excited to introduce this new United Credit Card, which makes it easier for customers to turn everyday gas and grocery purchases into double miles on future travel to their dream destinations,” said Ed Untalan, FHB senior vice president and Guam and CNMI region manager. “We developed this card specifically for our Guam and CMNI customers after receiving their feedback on the types of benefits that were the most meaningful for them.”
Additionally, FiHB will be giving away up to 2 Million United MileagePlus miles as part of its United MileagePlus Miles Sweepstakes.
Enter by June 30, 2019, for a chance to win one of seven prizes.
Entry blanks are available at any FHB Guam and CNMI branch, online at 2MillionMiles.com, or in local newspaper ads. Sweepstakes ends on June 30, 2019.
Features of the new United Credit Card from FHB include:
- Accelerated miles earning:
- 2 MileagePlus miles per dollar spent on gas and grocery store purchases
- 2 MileagePlus miles per dollar spent on United Airlines tickets purchased direct from United Airlines
- 1 MileagePlus mile per dollar spent on all other purchases
- New cardholders earn 30,000 bonus miles after spending minimum of $1,500 in the first 3 months after account opening
- $0 introductory annual fee for the first year, and $99 per year thereafter
- Receive free first and second checked bags* (for primary) on United Airline flights purchased with the United Credit Card
- 2 United Club passes per year
- No foreign transaction fees**
- Complimentary upgrade eligibility for the cardholders with Premier status on award tickets
- Enhanced award seat availability
- No blackout dates
- Miles don’t expire as long as account is open and in good standing
Additional terms and conditions apply. Visit FHB.com/United for details. Applications for the credit card are being accepted online at FHB.com/United and at FHB branches starting May 1, 2019.
* Two free checked bags are for the primary cardholder only. Services charges for additional/oversized/overweight bags may apply. Purchase of ticket(s) with United Credit Card is required.
**The annual percentage rate for purchases is a variable rate of 18.00 percent as of May 1, 2019. The introductory fixed APR for balance transfers is 2.99 percent for the first eight billing cycles following the opening of your account for balance transfers made within 30 days of account opening. After that, the variable rate will apply. The fixed Cash Advance APR is 18.00 percent. The fixed Penalty APR is 18.00 percent and may be applied if you make a late payment. The minimum interest charge will be no less than $1. The balance transfer fee is either $5 or 5 percent of the amount of each balance transfer, whichever is greater. The ATM cash advance and over-the-counter cash advance fees are $10 or 5% of the amount of each cash advance, whichever is greater. There are no foreign transaction fees. The annual fee is $0 for an introductory period of one year and $99 per year thereafter. Additional limitations, terms, and conditions apply. To learn more, visit FHB.com/United. (PR)