Fire engulfs Prince Hotel lobby

Share

The fire that engulfed most of the Prince Hotel’s lobby in Sadog Tasi last Friday left moderate damage to furniture and smoke damage to the lobby. (Contributed Photo)

A fire caused by a malfunctioning air-condition unit engulfed the lobby of Prince Hotel located in Sadog Tasi last Friday.

According to the Department of Fire and Emergency Medical Services, final investigation uncovered that the fire that engulfed the Prince Hotel lobby last Jan. 4, was an electrical fire caused by a short circuit of the split type air-conditioning unit located in the area.

Fortunately, the fire was situated in one area of the hotel, with the point of origin located in the eastern side of the hotel lobby, so the hotel only sustained smoke damage and moderate damage to lobby furniture.

There were no reported injuries and no treatment was provided at the scene.

In a press release from DFEMS, the department received a call from Department of Public Safety dispatch at 4:46am on Jan. 4 reporting a structure fire in Sadog Tasi.

Engine 2 from the Garapan Fire Station was dispatched and en route to the scene at 4:48am and arrived at the scene by 4:52am.

At the scene, DFEMS personnel met with a male individual who said he was the owner of the building and had extinguished the fire.

Kimberly B. Esmores | Reporter
Kimberly Albiso Bautista has covered a wide range of news beats, including the community, housing, crime, and more. She now covers sports for the Saipan Tribune. Contact her at kimberly_bautista@saipantribune.com.
Disclaimer: Comments are moderated. They will not appear immediately or even on the same day. Comments should be related to the topic. Off-topic comments would be deleted. Profanities are not allowed. Comments that are potentially libelous, inflammatory, or slanderous would be deleted.