The Joeten-Kiyu Public Library offers free e-book and virtual learning resources access for CNMI library card patrons at www.cnmilib.org.
You can check out the following free virtual learning resources: Mango Languages, Baker & Taylor Axis 360, Ebscohost, Gale Cengage, First Books Open e-books, online card catalog, Niche Academy, READsquared, and Grow with Google.
1. Learn a new language with Mango Languages online for free at your Joeten-Kiyu Public Library, Tinian Public Library, and Antonio C. Atalig Memorial Library (Rota).
Mango Languages is an award-winning language-education resource utilized by K-12 and Higher-Ed, corporations, library systems, and government agencies worldwide. With Mango languages, library cardholders have free access to: step by step lesson plans for over 70 world languages and more than 20 ESL/ELL courses (Arabic, Cantonese, Mandarin, French, German, Greek, Italian, Japanese, Korean, Brazilian Portuguese, Polish, Russian, Spanish, Turkish, and Vietnamese speakers, etc.); listening and reading activities for reinforcing learned material and building new skills; grammar and culture insights for authentic and reliable learning; assessments and chapter recaps to check understanding and learning progress personalized review that adapts to your learning pathway; study reminders to keep you on track and motivated family profiles for additional parent and family engagement; and a text translator.
2. Baker & Taylor Axis 360: Baker & Taylor offers free e-book access to over 600 bestseller e-books and audio books.
3. EBSCOhost is an intuitive online research platform used by thousands of institutions and millions of users worldwide. With quality databases and search features, EBSCOhost helps researchers of all kinds find the information they need fast. The Joeten-Kiyu Public Library the following research databases for the CNMI: Explora (Elementary School Databases), Explora (Middle and High School Databases), Consumer Health Complete, Novelist, Novelist K-8, and the Small Business Reference Center.
4. The JKPL provides the following Gale Cengage databases for CNMI: Gale General OneFile, Gale Business: Plan Builder, Gale Business: Entrepreneurship, Gale Health and Wellness, Gale Literature Resource Center, Gale Books and Authors, Gale Interactive: Science, National Geographic Magazine from 1888-Current, National Geographic: People, Animals and the World, National Geographic Kids, Gale In Context: Biography, Gale In Context: Environmental Studies, Gale In Context: Global Issues, Gale In Context: Opposing Viewpoints, Gale In Context: Science, and Gale In Context: World History.
5. First Book Open E-Books: Open eBooks is a library containing thousands of popular and award-winning titles that are free for children from in-need communities. These eBooks can be read without checkouts or holds. The goal of Open eBooks is to encourage a love of reading and serve as a gateway to children reading even more often, whether in school, at libraries, or through other eBook reading apps. Contact the Joeten-Kiyu Public Library for your PIN number , and then go to www.openebooks.net.
6. The www.cnmilib.org online catalog provides access to JKPL books and place holds. It also shows status of books available at the Joeten-Kiyu Public Library. You can place your library items on hold, provided you have a valid library card number.
7. Niche Academy: An amazing virtual resource is Joeten-Kiyu Public Library Academy through Niche Academy. Visit https://my.nicheacademy.com/cnmilib and you will see online tutorials that teach you how to use library e-resources like e-books, research databases, and language learning tools.
8. READsquared: Access free reading challenges and win fun prizes for reading on READsquared by visiting www.cnmilib.org!
9. JKPL is a Grow with Google partner. As a Grow with Google partner, we help create economic opportunities for everyone. Grow with Google Partner Program offers free resources for your organization to teach people the digital skills that will grow their careers and businesses. We bring free digital skills classes to our community to empower them to learn and grow. Applied Digital Skills. Applied Digital Skills is designed to help learners develop digital skills for the evolving workforce through free video-based curriculum. Learners watch videos that teach digital skills in the context of creating a project, such as Start a Resume, Edit Your Resume, Prepare for Your Business Plan, and more. Learners can watch videos at their own pace and complete their projects independently, or library staff can answer questions and give individualized support based on each learner’s needs. https://grow.google/partners/ Moreover, the Joeten-Kiyu Public Library, as a member of the American Library Association and the Public Library Association through www.digitallearn.org is an online learning platform from PLA that provides short lessons to help learners tackle technology at their own pace. (PR)