The Guam Procurement Technical Assistance Center is offering free live webinars every Tuesday and Thursday in June. Webinars run from 10am to 11am and will be conducted via Zoom. Links to the live webinar and the webinar evaluation will be emailed to all registered attendees 15 minutes before the start of the webinar.
• June 2: Federal Contract Opportunities – Beta.sam.gov is the new portal for federal contract opportunities. The Guam PTAC will show you how to set up an account and how to use the search filters to ensure you do not miss any opportunities.
• June 4: Capabilities Statement – A Capabilities Statement is an essential marketing tool for government contracting. The Guam PTAC will explain how to create a CS and what information should be included to improve your chances of winning a government contract.
• June 9: Marketing to the Federal Government – The government buys products and services differently than the private sector. The Guam PTAC will discuss marketing strategies, essential documents, and how to get your company on “the list”.
• June 11: Responding to Requests for Proposals – The Guam PTAC will walk participants through the common sections and clauses of an RFP as well as provide tips on developing a proposal in response to an RFP.
• June 16: SBIR/STTR Programs – The Small Business Innovation Research and Small Business Technology Transfer programs encourage small businesses to engage in federal research and development that has the potential for commercialization. We will explain the programs and show how innovators can get involved.
• June 18: Service Contract Act – The Service Contract Act requires contractors and subcontractors performing services on prime contracts in excess of $2,500 to pay service employees prevailing wages. We will discuss the details of the SCA and how contractors can stay in compliance.
• June 23: Buy American Act – The Buy American Act can be frustrating for government contractors. The Guam PTAC will discuss the BAA and offer some guidance on how to stay in compliance.
• June 25: Essential Government Websites – Much of government contracting is done online. The Guam PTAC will discuss the various, essential websites vendors need to be familiar with to have a better chance for success in government contracting.
Register on the website, http://guamptac.com/news-and-events.php. (PR)