The Guam Energy Office was awarded a competitive grant in the amount of $75,000 from the U.S. Department of Energy to develop an EnergySmart Schools Program that establishes energy management practices for up to four K-12 facilities in Guam.
GEO has identified the Guam Power Authority as the project’s technical assistance provider. Competitive funding will be used to support the following:
1. In-depth energy audits at participating schools;
2. The development of site-specific recommendations for building upgrades;
3. The development of curriculum and student engagement services;
4. An EnergySmart conference at the project conclusion; and
5. Training activities for attendees of the EnergySmart Conference
With GPA’s completion of energy audits on 39 Guam Department of Education schools, the current two-year award period will focus on conducting energy audits in the private schools on island.
Solicitation letters will be sent out to schools with details on participation requirements and terms and conditions, as well as information on participation commitments. (PR)