Here is how you can help the people of Saipan recover from the devastation of Typhoon Soudelor.
Office of the Mayor of Tinian
* Tinian Mayor Joey P. San Nicolas has issued a public announcement for the people of Tinian to hold a “Saipan Relief Raffle Fundraiser and Food Drive.”
* They are encouraging the community to donate money or foodstuffs.
* The fundraiser will be held today, Aug. 7, starting at 5pm at the Kammer Beach Main Pavilion.
* For food donations, non-perishable items only.
Bank of Guam
* Bank of Guam has established an account for contributions to help the Saipan and Tinian communities. Contributions may be made at all Bank of Guam branches, with the notation that the funds should go to the “Soudelor Aid” account.
* GTA is working together with the American Red Cross-Guam Chapter to provide assistance to the victims of Typhoon Soudelor on Saipan.
* Collection buckets will be placed in all GTA retail stores. The community can make monetary donations from now until the end of the month.
* GTA TeleGuam can be contacted at 1-671-644-4482
* GTA retail locations include:
– Micronesia Mall in Dededo. Open from 10am to 9pm daily.
– Guam Premier Outlets in Tamuning. Open from 10am to 9pm daily.
– Agana Shopping Center in Hagatna. Open from 10am to 8pm from Monday to Saturday and 10am to 6pm on Sunday.
– NEX at the U.S Naval Base in Guam. Open from 9am to 7pm from Monday to Saturday and 9am to 6pm on Sunday.
– Army Air Force Exchange Service at the Anderson Air Force Base in Yigo. Open from 10am to 7pm daily.
– Yigo Pay-Less Kiosk in Yigo, Guam. Open from 1pm to 6pm from Monday to Saturday and closed on Sundays.
American Red Cross-Guam Chapter
* Serving 19 villages of Guam, ARC-Guam Chapter is teaming up with GTA TeleGuam for donations to Typhoon Soudelor victims in Saipan.
* For donations visit them in Hagatna at Route 4, Bldg. 285 or contact them at 1-671-472-6217.
Guam Governor’s Office boot drives
* Lt. Gov. Ray Tenorio’s office is spearheading a boot drive effort today, Aug. 7, to collect donations from motorists including another boot drive on Aug. 14, Friday. The boot drive will be held from 4pm to 5:30pm on both dates.
* Locations include the Micronesia Mall intersection of Route 16 and Route 1 in Dededo, the Chief Quipuha statue/Paseo Loop Intersection in Hagatna, ITC intersection in Tamuning, Sumay/Route 1/Route 2 in Santa Rita, and Airport Road intersection in Tamuning.
Guam Sen. Michael F.Q. San Nicolas
* Donations are being accepted at the Office of Sen. San Nicolas for non-perishable items only. For more information on donations call 1-671-472-6453 or email at email@example.com.
Pacific Xtreme Combat Sports League
* Today, Aug. 7, there will be a collection booth at the University of Guam Calvo Field House around 5:30pm and the donations will be for contributing funds to aid Saipan.
* Donations of canned food, clothing and blankets for relief efforts to Saipan can be dropped off at branches in Hagatna, Tamuning, Dededo, and Agat.
The Salvation Army
* The Salvation Army has issued a relief effort on their website at hawaii.salvtionarmy.org for donations of which 100 percent will go to Saipan.