Keeping the island clean
Residents and businesses are encouraged to do the following to keep our island clean and healthy:
• Properly secure and dispose of trash or garbage in approved waste container. Use of cardboard boxes, buckets, or other open containers are prohibited by law.
• Ensure waste containers have tight fitting lids and are kept closed at all times.
• Ensure sufficient storage between collection or disposal.
• Clean up all trash around your premise, especially those that can hold water such as loose tires, bottles, buckets, cans, etc.
• Regularly clean and empty water tanks and other containers used to store water, and making sure these containers have screens to cover any openings.
• Frequently change the water in flower vases and other containers that routinely contain water, including pet dishes.
• Inoperable vehicles parked on public easements also provide harborage for vermin and rodents. Inoperable vehicles will be tagged by the Zoning Office and forwarded to the Mayor’s office for removal. (CHCC)