The Lady Diann Torres Foundation distributed over the weekend their fourth batch of donations for victims of Super Typhoon Yutu at the San Antonio basketball court.
First Lady Diann Torres, who personally supervised the distributions last Saturday morning, estimated that about 500 people showed up.
Representatives of the foundation previously noted that last Saturday’s container was from Las Vegas, Nevada.
“We are expecting a shipment out of San Diego, California within the next two weeks,” Torres said, noting that specifics for the distribution would be posted in a separate announcement on the foundation’s social media page.
The 40-foot container’s leftover supplies would also be distributed in a future date, she noted.
Saturday’s distribution included hygiene items, blankets, food, water, and other relief goods.
“Together with this container, we are distributing out Federal Emergency Management Agency water and meals-ready-to-eat,” she said.
According to Torres, the foundation has been working with several off-island residents who have reached out to the foundation to ask for its help in the distribution.
“…We are trying to service those that are really affected by the typhoon—the people in the south,” she said. “…But everybody is welcome to come down, even from the north,” she added.
The foundation already distributed supplies at the Kagman Emergency Shelter Facility, coordinating with music organizations such as the Music of the Marianas Association and Dandan Marianas. They also previously distributed a container of items collected from the Pacific northwestern states at the Dandan softball pitch last Dec. 29, 2018.