A 33-year-old man who fled to Guam after being accused of sexually abusing two minors here pleaded guilty last week as part of a plea deal.
Sidney A. Aldan pleaded guilty to sexual abuse of a minor in the first degree relating to one victim. He will be sentenced on June 27, 2017, at 1:30pm.
Under the plea deal, Aldan shall be sentenced to between eight years and 20 years imprisonment.
Aldan was ordered to pay $100 in court costs, register with the CNMI Sex Offender Registr, and submit to examinations focusing on sex offender counseling.
The amended information charged Aldan with one count of sexual assault in the second degree and one count of sexual abuse of a minor in the first degree.
Aldan pleaded guilty to one count of sexual abuse of a minor in the first degree.
Aldan, who was 28 to 30 years old when the alleged incident happened, is accused of having sex with the girl, who was then under 13 years old, from 2011 to 2013
A Crime Stoppers’ tip led to Aldan’s arrest in March 2016 in Koblerville.
Police state that one of its officers, Jason Tarkong, reported receiving a tip via Crime Stoppers about sexual abuse of a minor involving several victims.
According to one girl, Aldan had been sexually abusing her since she was in first grade and that the last incident occurred when she was in fourth grade.
According to a second girl, Aldan touched her private parts thrice. The second girl claimed that the first victim once wrote a letter to her, saying Aldan touched her also. The second girl said her mother found the letter and confronted her if Aldan was also sexually abusing her. The second girl said she cried and told her mother the truth. She said her mother talked to Aldan and then called the police.
She said Aldan, however, fled to Guam.
The second girl said that in 2015, Aldan came back from Guam.