Starting Feb 3, Mobil loyalty card members can use their Smiles points for their donations to the American Red Cross. Every 200 Smiles points will convert to a $5 contribution directly to the American Red Cross.
The option of allowing the people of Saipan to support the American Red Cross with their Smiles loyalty points adds to the convenience for those who would like to make a difference through their support.
John Hirsh from the American Red Cross NMI Chapter commented: “We are delighted to be partnering with Mobil in this initiative and we hope that loyal Mobil customers will take advantage of this option to support the important work that we do.”
Mobil Oil Mariana Islands Inc. president Charles Ewart said: “Mobil continuously looks at how we can serve our customers and the community through what we do, and this added facility is an example of our efforts.
“Mobil hopes that the option of converting Smiles points to a charitable donation will provide our Smiles customers with more ways to share a smile and help communities in need.
“We are also glad for this new dimension to our partnership with the American Red Cross whom we’ve been supporting for many years.”
Here’s a snapshot of what happens to every dollar your gift will be used by the American Red Cross:
• $1; vaccinates one child against the deadly threat of measles
• $4.50; provides a snack and basic necessities such as facial tissues, razors and shaving cream to a resident affected by disaster
• $8; helps an emergency response vehicle deliver a day’s worth of supplies to one person
• $10; keeps a person warm and comforted with the help of two Red Cross blankets
• $15; trains a volunteer disaster responder in your community
• $15; cares for an emergency responder with meals and snacks for a day
To donate, Smiles members simply need to visit a participating Mobil service station, inform the cashier to make an instant redemption and swipe their valid Smiles card. (PR)