The Marianas Tourism Education Council announces the commencement of its scholarship program to encourage graduating high school seniors to pursue higher education, and graduates can apply at the Marianas Visitors Authority.
The MTEC board will award a $1,000 scholarship and a $500 scholarship for two seniors from the class of 2016 who have been accepted to a university or college.
“The MTEC Board of Directors voted to award the scholarships to help a high school student pay for tuition and supplies, or living and transportation costs,” said MTEC chair Vicky Benavente. “The student must have been a member of the MY WAVE Club at least one year while in high school, and so we hope to encourage more youth participation in the coming years.”
To be eligible, applicants must:
• Have at least 1-year membership in a high school MY WAVE Club.
• Submission of Official Transcript from last high school attended showing GPA of 3.0 or higher.
• Recommendation Letter from a current or former Teacher, MY WAVE Club advisor, counselor, or administrator.
• Essay submission from applicant, describing career pathway/goals and purpose of study (300-500 words essay limit, typed).
• Acceptance Letter from University or College applied to.
• Three (3) proof of MY WAVE CLUB (MWC) active participation
• Submission of the MY WAVE Club/ Community Involvement Summary
Applications are available at the MVA office or by emailing MVA Community Projects Manager Martin Duenas (email@example.com) or Community Programs Specialist Ryan Calvo (firstname.lastname@example.org) or by calling 664-3200 for more details. The deadline to apply is 4:30pm on July 15, 2016. (PR)