The Marianas Visitors Authority continues to build momentum on its international marketing of Saipan Marathon 2020, set for March 14, 2020, in the Marianas.
The MVA launched marketing for the annual signature event in August 2019, touting the race’s full marathon, half marathon, 10K, and 5K courses traversing the picturesque shoreline of tropical Saipan. Activities have included the development of special tour packages with travel partners; Marianas sports seminars featuring marathon participants such as former Taiwan national marathoner Chun-Hua Chen, Marianas Ocean Tourism ambassador Yorko Summer, and Marianas intern Sunny Lin; personal distribution of flyers at running stations and other related businesses; announcements on the MVA’s international social media platforms; and other advertising and promotions.
“We are looking for a solid turnout of runners, both international and local, at the 2020 Saipan Marathon,” said MVA managing director Priscilla M. Iakopo. “Having direct flights from Japan is expected to boost the number of Japanese participants, and the addition of a 5K course this year makes the marathon more accessible to children, families, and runners of all fitness levels, even beginners.”
Skymark Airlines is this year’s first platinum sponsor, and Powerade also returns this year as an exclusive sponsor. Interested sponsors may MVA Community Projects specialist Ed Diaz at 1 (670) 664-3210 or firstname.lastname@example.org for a sponsorship package.
Saipan Marathon is certified by the International Association of Athletic Federations through the Association of International Marathons and Distance Races.
For more information, visit The Marianas Calendar at www.mymarianas.com or contact Diaz at email@example.com. (PR)
Registration is now available via webscorer.com, with separate sites for:
International competitors: https://www.webscorer.com/register?raceid=196894
U.S./CNMI residents: https://www.webscorer.com/register?raceid=197420)
For international participants who register by Feb. 14, 2020, the fee for the full marathon is $90, while the half marathon, 10K, and 5K are $60.
Registration between Feb. 15-27, 2020, is $100 for the full marathon and $70 for the half marathon/10K/5K.
The last day to register for international participants is Feb. 27, 2020, at 5 p.m. (ChST).
A special registration rate is available for residents of the Commonwealth of the Northern Mariana Islands and the United States. For those who qualify for this special rate and register by Feb. 14, 2020, the full marathon is $55, the half marathon/10K/5K at $45, and for students with valid student ID, $30.
Registration between Feb. 15-27, 2020, for full marathon is $65, for the half marathon/10K/5K is $55, and for students is $55.
Residents of the CNMI and United States who register from Feb. 28 to March 6 will pay $95 for the full marathon, $85 for the half/marathon/10K/5K, and $55 for students. The last day to register for CNMI and U.S. residents in March. 6, 2020, at 5pm (ChST).
• Valid photo IDd is required to register.
• Registration includes the awards banquet, a finishers T-shirt, and a certificate of completion.
• Those who register by Feb. 14, 2020, will have their names included in the official 2020 Saipan Marathon booklet and on the finishers photo backdrop and will receive a personalized race bib. Additional fees for these benefits will apply after Feb. 14, 2020.
• The race start will start and finish at American Memorial Park, starting at 4:30am for the full marathon, at 5:30am for the half marathon, at 5:45am for the 10K, and at 6am for the 5K. The cut-off time for the full marathon will be 8:30am at the halfway point. There is no cut-off time for the half marathon, 10K, or 5K.
• All competitors are required to pick up their race packets on March 13, 2020, at American Memorial Park. Pickup times are 3pm to 4pm for team/groups/tour groups/etc. and 4pm to 6pm for individuals only. (MVA)