The American Memorial Park will be celebrating National Park Week and is inviting the public.
Tomorrow, April 21, from 9am to 12pm, the park will feature artwork created during the annual Art-in-the-Park program. The artists who led the banana painting, watercolor and beading sessions will be on hand to demonstrate their craft.
For those interested in participating in artistic expression, there will also be a “chalk walk” from 9am to 11am. This interactive activity will enable everyone to make art with chalk along the park’s paths.
Youths of all ages will also have the opportunity to become junior rangers. Throughout the morning, visit the ranger station and pick up a junior ranger activity sheet. Those who complete the activities will become American Memorial Park junior rangers and receive a special badge.
For those who want to know more about national parks across the United States, join park rangers throughout the week to view featured park films and discover our amazing national treasures. For special film showings:
Saturday, April 21:
• 3:30pm: The Crown of the Continent, Katmai National Park and Preserve
• 4pm: Island of Hope, Island of Tears, Ellis Island
Sunday, April 22:
• 3:30pm: A Glorious Journey, John Muir National Historic Site
• 4pm: …into Foregetfulness, John Muir National Historic Site
Monday, April 23:
• 3:30pm: Struggle and Triumph: the Legacy of George Washington Carver, George Washington Carver National Monument
• 4:10pm: Voices of Sitka, Sitka National Historical Park
Tuesday, April 24:
• 3:30pm: The Tuskegee Airmen: Sacrifice and Triumph, Tuskegee Airmen National Historic Site
• 4:10pm: Shark Safety, Cape Cod National Seashore
• 4:20pm: Water Power, Paterson Great Falls National Historic Park
Wednesday, April 25:
• 3:30pm: Yellowstone National Park
• 4pm: Hidden Worlds: Carlsbad Caverns National Park
Thursday, April 26:
• 3:30pm: A Restless Giant: The Ever-changing Nature of Mount Rainier, Mount Rainier National Park
• 4pm: The True Heart of Winter, Denali National Park and Preserve
Friday, April 27:
• 3:30pm: Edgar Allan Poe, Edgar Allan Poe National Historic Site
• 4pm: Alexander Hamilton Statue Restoration 2012, Paterson Great Falls National Historic Park
Saturday, April 28:
3:30pm: Homefront Heroes, Rosie the Riveter WWII Home Front National Historical Park
4pm: Paul Laurence Dunbar, Dayton Aviation Heritage National Historical Park (NPS)