The fall 2015 semester registration process for Northern Marianas College will enter its second phase as new and re-admitted students can begin registering for classes next week Monday, Sept. 14. Earlier this week and continuing on to Friday, Sept 11, current or ongoing students were given the opportunity to sign up for classes.
Because of the ongoing recovery efforts, the dates for the fall 2015 semester had been postponed from their original schedule. The first day of class is now on Sept. 28, 2015.
“Our employees have been hard at work the past few weeks to ensure that our typhoon recovery efforts are moving along quickly,” said NMC president Dr. Sharon Hart. “I am very proud of their commitment to ensuring that our students have a safe and comfortable learning environment.”
“We look forward to welcoming our students back as they register for the fall 2015 semester,” she added.
According to Leo Pangelinan, dean of Student Services, advisers and student services will be available the next three weeks at the college’s Building A to assist with registration. The site will also host the CNMI Scholarship Office in an effort to help students complete their applications by the Sept. 30 deadline.
Other key dates for the fall 2015 semester include:
– Sept. 14-25: Registration for new, readmitted, and ongoing students (8am-5pm – Open registration period – first come, first-serve basis)
– Sept. 14 at 1pm: English placement test (International Students)
– Sept. 15 at 9am: Math placement test (International Students)
– Sept. 11 at 9am: Orientation for new and readmitted students
– Sept. 12 at 9am: Orientation for new and readmitted students
– Sept. 14 at 9am: Orientation for international students
– Sept. 28, 2015: First day of classes:
– Dec. 19, 2015: Last day of classes:
– Dec. 21-24, 2015: Final exam week for fall 2015:
For more information about the college’s fall 2015 semester, email email@example.com or call 234-5484. (NMC)