NMC has rise in enrollment

Posted on Aug 28 2020


Northern Marianas College’s enrollment has increased this Fall semester from last year. The college has also seen a higher number of students enroll in the SROTC program. (NMC)

Despite the ongoing challenges of the COVID-19 pandemic, Northern Marianas College today reported that its enrollment for the Fall 2020 semester is higher than last year.

The college said that it has enrolled about 1,300 students this semester.

“Our enrollment this Fall is even higher than one year ago in Fall 2019,” said interim president Frankie Eliptico.

NMC’s enrollment was at 1,246 students in the Fall of 2019. Eliptico also mentioned that NMC has continued to post increases in enrollment in the past few years.

“Our strong enrollment for this semester demonstrates that more and more students in the CNMI are looking to NMC for their professional growth and development,” added Eliptico.

Classes for NMC’s Fall semester have been migrated to an online platform for the most part to maximize safety of students and employees during the pandemic.

Eliptico said 92% of the 247 classes this semester are taught virtually or online. As a result of the directive from the Governor’s COVID-19 Task Force, NMC shifted the remaining 8% of classes with face to face instruction to an online or virtual format through September 6, 2020.

“Our staff and faculty have also been working very hard to prepare our campus and to ensure our programs and services continue to meet student needs and expectations even while online,” said Eliptico. “Our recruitment team has also done a tremendous job in reaching out to our community.”

Eliptico acknowledged the hard working employees—faculty and staff—for their commitment and dedication to NMC students. (PR)

Press Release
News under Press Release are official statements issued to Saipan Tribune giving information on a particular matter.

Related Posts

Disclaimer: Comments are moderated. They will not appear immediately or even on the same day. Comments should be related to the topic. Off-topic comments would be deleted. Profanities are not allowed. Comments that are potentially libelous, inflammatory, or slanderous would be deleted.