Northern Marianas College will be live streaming the upcoming CNMI Women’s Summit scheduled for March 26-27, 2018, from 8am to 4:30pm, at the Pedro P. Tenorio Multi-Purpose Center.
The two-day event will feature Monika H. Diaz as keynote speaker, and will include panel discussions, activities, along with the exhibits.
Those who are not able to attend the event in person can watch the live stream online.
Day 1: https://youtu.be/l9O-hhG8Dfk
– 9am: Women & Faith, feat. Bishop Ryan Jimenez, pastor Beth Nunez, and Sr. Mary Ann Hartman, MMB
– 10:15am: Women & The Workforce, feat. Labor Secretary Vicky Benavente, Office of Personnel Management director Sid Seman, and Northern Marianas Trades Institute chief executive officer Agnes McPhetres
– 1pm: Women & Education, feat NMC president Dr. Carmen Fernandez, Coastal States Organization director Rose Pangelinan, and Workers’ Compensation Commission director Frank Cabrera
Day 2: https://youtu.be/bBSIUkBgtUk
– 8:05am: Women & The Economy, feat. Hotel Association of the Northern Mariana Islands president Gloria Cavanagh, Saipan Chamber of Commerce president Velma Palacios, Commerce Secretary Mark Rabauliman, CNMI Small Business Development Center director Nicole Babauta, Pacifica Insurance president Shirley Sablan
– 9:10am: Women & Public Service, feat. Rep. Janet Maratita, former representative Ana S. Teregeyo, former representative Maria T. Peter, and former representative Felicidad T. Ogumoro
– 12:30pm: Women & Health, feat. Breast and Cervical Screening Program coordinator Joyce M. Songsong, Commonwealth Guidance Center psychologist Glenda George, senior vice president of Westcare Sarah Thomas Nededog
– 1:35 pm: Women & Culture, feat. retired educator Carmen Taimanao, facilitator of Family & Values Project Chailang Palacios.
Complimentary refreshments and lunch will be provided on both days.
For more information or to register for the event, call 233-9411 or email Doly at email@example.com.
Registration forms can also be accessed online at https://www.facebook.com/cnmiwomen/ or in-person at the Garapan Community Development Center.
The 5th Annual Women’s Summit is sponsored by the CNMI Women’s Association and the Women’s Affairs Office. (PR)