The Saipan Chamber of Commerce is announcing three new awards to be celebrated at their annual Business Person of the Year Gala on Saturday, Jan. 25. These awards include Small Business of the Year, Nonprofit of the Year, and Chamber Member of the Year.
The Chamber is now seeking nominations from Chamber members in good standing for Small Business of the Year and Nonprofit of the Year. Nominations are due by today, Dec. 30, and can be made online by clicking the link at https://www.saipanchamber.com/signature-events/.
For Small Business of the Year, any Chamber or non-Chamber member can be nominated that fits the following criteria:
• Less than 25 employees or less than $1 million in gross revenue.
• Needs to have a business license.
• Needs to operate on Saipan for at least one year.
For Nonprofit of the Year, any Chamber or non-Chamber member can be nominated that fits the following criteria:
• Must have local or federal 501c documentation.
• Needs to have been operating on Saipan in operation for at least one year
• Must provide services to residents on Saipan.
Additionally, five nominees for Chamber Member of the Year nominees will be selected by the Saipan Chamber of Commerce board of directors based on the following criteria:
• Must be a Chamber member for at least one year (company, individual, organization).
• Must have attended at least 20% of meetings for at least one committee in 2019
• Must have assisted in coordination or have contributed to at least one Chamber event/initiative in 2019.
After nominees for each of the awards are confirmed, the Chamber membership will vote on who they believe should win Small Business of the Year, Nonprofit of the Year, and Chamber Member of the Year. The winners will be announced at the BPOY Gala.
The winner of Business Person of the Year will also be announced at the event, with the current nominees including Gloria Cavanagh (Pacific Islands Club Saipan), Glen Hunter (The Shack), and Bo Palacios (J.C. Tenorio Enterprises).
The BPOY Gala will be held on Jan. 25 at the Hyatt Regency Saipan ballroom. The theme is “Roaring 20’s,” to start the decade strong with lively music and fun, and to celebrate all our Chamber members provide for our economy and our people. Proceeds of the evening will directly support the programs and activities of the Chamber, such as its annual scholarships, educational workshops, employment training seminars, military vessel welcomes, and Saipan Young Professionals activities. Tickets will soon be available.
The Saipan Chamber of Commerce is a non-profit organization whose mission is to empower our enterprises as a resource, advocate, and connector for Saipan’s private sector. Its vision is to create an island where businesses, family, and community succeed as one. For more information, please visit our website at www.saipanchamber.com, call 234-7150, or visit us on the third floor of the Marianas Business Plaza Rm. 315. (PR)