The CNMI Office of Planning and Development, under the Office of the Governor, held virtual task force planning meetings with agency partners and task force members in order to update the public regarding ongoing planning and sustainability efforts throughout the Marianas from Sept. 16 to 18.
The meetings, which took place via Zoom and were live streamed to the OPD Facebook page, @cnmiopd670, were a chance for OPD to update the public on the status of the CNMI’s Comprehensive Sustainable Development Plan and three planning task forces: the Built Environment Task Force, Natural Resources Task Force, and Socio-Economic/Disaster Risk Reduction Task Force, and for task force members and stakeholders to provide their questions and feedback on plan components and supporting implementation efforts.
OPD thanks its partners who participated in these meetings and provided valuable updates on their agency’s efforts to achieve sustainability:
• Department of Commerce
• Commonwealth Utilities Corp.
• Department of Public Works
• Commonwealth Healthcare Corp.
• BECQ Division of Environmental Quality
• BECQ Division of Coastal Resources Management
• Marianas Visitors Authority
• Northern Marianas Housing Corp.
• DLNR Division of Fish and Wildlife
• DLNR Division of Agriculture
• Hazard Mitigation Grants Program
• NOAA Office for Coastal Management
Recordings of the meetings will be made available to view on the OPD website, and are also currently available to watch on the OPD Facebook page. Meeting highlights and written summaries will also be made available as soon as possible.
Public comments are still being accepted via OPD’s online surveys and by emailing firstname.lastname@example.org.
– Visioning Survey: https://bit.ly/3a9Hjnj
– Guiding Values: https://bit.ly/3jwFWme
The draft visioning document and the State Comprehensive Outdoor Recreation Plan can be found at opd.gov.mp. Comments are due on the visioning document by no later than Oct. 1, 2020. Please take this opportunity to make your voice heard and get involved in creating a #SustainableCNMI for all.
These public planning meetings are a great opportunity to provide your input on how OPD can help to shape a sustainable CNMI. Learn more at opd.gov.mp/. (PR)