Probable cause found to charge man with sexual abuse of girl, 9
The Superior Court has found probable cause to try a man on one count of sexual abuse of a minor in the second degree, among other charges, after he was accused of fondling a 9-year-old girl.
Superior Court Associate Judge Wesley Bogdan found probable cause to try Kevin I. Esteves on the charges of sexual abuse of a minor in the second degree, assault and battery, and disturbing the peace.
Esteves, who was remanded back to Department of Corrections custody, was ordered to return to court on Jan. 30, for his arraignment. According to court documents, Esteves’ bail is currently set at $15,000.
The complaint stated that the 9-year-old girl told her mother that she was awakened by the feeling of someone touching her on the evening of Dec. 31. When she opened her eyes, the victim said she saw Esteves lying beside her and fondling her privates. She said when Esteves noticed that she had opened her eyes, he walked away and said “Oh, sorry.”
The victim said she wanted to tell a trusted family member via social media but there was no internet at that moment. She was able to tell her mother about the incident when Esteves had already left.