The community is invited to attend the 2020 Women’s Month proclamation signing on Friday, Feb. 28, 2020, at 10am at the Pedro P. Tenorio Multi-Purpose Center in Susupe. Hosted by the Women’s Affairs Office under the Office of the Governor, the proclamation signing will kick off a series of events in March.
Under the theme, “Continuing to Rise: Women Leading Sustainable Development,” the 2020 Women’s Month Planning Committee, co-led by the CNMI Women’s Association and the Women’s Affairs Office, has planned a series of events to bring together a collective agenda of empowering all women and girls and advocating for sustainable leadership:
• Sunday, March 1: “Day of Prayer” 9:30am at Kristo Rai Church, hosted by the Women’s Affairs Office under the Office of the Governor;
• Friday, March 6: “Women of Action Recognition Day” 6pm-8pm at the Pedro P. Tenorio Multi-Purpose Center in Susupe, hosted by first lady Diann Torres and Wella Palacios;
• Saturday, March 7: “Meet & Greet” from 2pm to 5pm at the Pedro P. Tenorio Multi-Purpose Center, hosted by the Women’s Affairs Office under the Office of the Governor;
• Sunday, March 8: International Women’s Day;
• Tuesday, March 17: “Master Class” from 5:30pm to 7:30pm (venue TBA) hosted by the Saipan Chamber of Commerce;
• Tuesday, March 24: “CNMI Women’s Expo” featuring women entrepreneurs and artisans, hosted by the CNMI Women’s Association at the Carolinian Utt.
• Friday, March 27: “Women’s Summit” hosted by the CNMI Women’s Association at Fiesta Resort & Spa Saipan.
Everyone is encouraged to get involved in this year’s 2020 Women’s Month activities. The planning committee is also encouraging the community to host an event, by contacting 233-9879/9411 or sending an email to firstname.lastname@example.org.
“Women are at the heart of sustainable development,” said Felicidad Ogumoro, CWA administrator. “As we continue to push for greater action, we have more work to do to connect the issues of gender, sustainability, and climate action.” (PR)