The Department of Public Lands is proud to offer DPL Scholarship essay contest to all postsecondary students of Northern Marianas descent. As stewards of our public lands, we would like to provide opportunity to award NMD students financial assistance and to understand and share your though. on the importance of public lands through this year’s essay question: ‘Why is it important to preserve public lands in the CNMI?
All public land lessees must commit to a Public Benefit as agreed upon with DPL. These public benefits are focused on supporting our island community, especially those of Northern Marianas descent through the building and restoration of public lands, community program assistance. discounts and more recently, student scholarships.
This year’s awards are sponsored by:
-Triple Star International Corp.: $1,250
-Bibong Corp. LLC: S1,000
-Saipan Stevedore: $1,000
-Ken & Concepcion Coward: $600
• Must be of Northern Marianas descent
• Must be enrolled full-time in an U.S. accredited institution pursuing an undergraduate degree, vocational trade certificate. graduate or post-graduate program in spring or fall 2021 term.
• Must be enrolled in a minimum of 12 credits (undergraduate) or in a minimum of 3 credits (graduate/post graduate).
Applicant does not need to be on-island to win
Applications must be submitted via email as follows:
• To firstname.lastname@example.org
• Subject Line- DPL Scholarship Application 2020
• Body Text-
o Full legal name
o Contact number (standard calling rates may apply)
o Contact email
o Mailing address
o Essay submission
o One Proof of Enrollment
• Class schedule for Fall 2020
• Admission letter or class schedule for winter 2020 or spring 2021
o Proof of Northern Marianas descent
• Copy of Northern Marianas descent ID or copy of CNMI birth certificate
• Must address the prompt: “Why is it important to preserve public lands in the CNMI?”
• Must be between 500-800 words
• Microsoft Word or PDF are accepted
• The full application must be submitted no later than Nov. 23, 2020 at 10pm ChST. Applicant submissions that do not meet eligibility, essay or deadline requirements will be disqualified from the contest.
• Selected applicants will be notified via email.
• Official announcements will be on Dec. 16, 2020, on the DPL CNMI Facebook Page.
• Award distribution may vary based on location.
• All essay submissions shall become the intellectual property of DPL and may be used in DPL publication.
If you have any questions, email email@example.com or call 670-234-3751. (PR)