Everyone in the Marianas is encouraged to:
• PLEASE STAY HOME and avoid unnecessary travel as much as possible.
• WORK OR DO SCHOOLWORK FROM HOME whenever possible and reasonable.
• AVOID SOCIAL GATHERINGS in groups of more than 10.
• USE DRIVE-THRU, TAKE-OUT, or DELIVERY OPTIONS when buying food from a restaurant.
• CONTINUE PRACTICING GOOD HYGIENE:
Wash hands often with soap and water for at least 20 seconds.
Use an alcohol-based hand sanitizer if soap and water are not available.
Cover your mouth and nose with a tissue or your sleeve (not your hands) when coughing or sneezing.
Avoid touching your face.
Disinfect frequently used items (cellphones, computers, household items) as much as possible.
• IF YOU FEEL SICK or IF SOMEONE IN YOUR HOME IS SICK, please contact your personal doctor or call the COVID-19 INFO LINE at 285-1352, 1542, 1672, or 1854.
• IF YOU ARE AN OLDER PERSON (MAN’AMKO), you are more vulnerable to becoming severely ill with the virus. Please stay home and away from other people as much as possible.
• IF YOU ARE A PERSON WITH A PREEXISTING ILLNESS (such as ASTHMA, DIABETES, AND HEART DISEASE), you are more vulnerable to becoming severely ill with the virus.
Rumor control—stop the spread of misinformation
During crises like this, oftentimes the spread of misinformation is just as dangerous as the virus itself. The CNMI is reminded to only share official and verified notices, press releases, and advisories from the Governor’s COVID-19 Task Force and CHCC.
Source: Office of the Governor