San Vicente Elementary School wishes to inform all parents and legal guardians of important information regarding school year 2017-2018.
• Registration: If your child is a returning student ensure that you have submitted the pre-registration form that was sent out prior to the ending of school year 2016-2017 as well as your child’s updated documents (i.e, school entrance health certificate, and updated health insurance). If we did not receive these documents your child’s name will not appear on the new roster until they are submitted. You can call the main office at 664-3981 to verify that your child’s registration documents are complete if you have not done so already. If you child will not be returning to SVS, parents/legal guardians must come in to complete a School Withdrawal Form.
• School Supply List: Grade level basic school supply lists have been sent out to National and Modern Office Supply. When visiting the stores just give the cashier the name of your child’s school and grade so you are provided the correct list. You are also more than welcome to stop by the main office to pick up a copy as well. Note that this is only the basic school supply list. Your child may receive an additional list from his/her teacher on the first week of school.
• Free School Meal Application: Free school meal applications are available at the main office. Each year families and households must complete a new application to avail for free school meals. To avoid delays in free meal services due to processing, all applications and supporting documents should be received by PSS Child Nutrition Program (formerly PSS Food and Nutrition Services) before Sept. 1, 2017. For any questions, do not hesitate to call PSS Child Nutrition Program at 664-3901/3902 or SVS main office at 664-3981.
• Bus forms: There is a new form for bus riders. Parents must ensure the forms are properly completed in order to avail from bus services. If you have any questions, do not hesitate to call the Office of Pupil Transportation at 322-9457 or SVS main office at 664-3981.
• Orientation schedule: SVS will be having orientation for new and ongoing students. Parents or legal guardians must attend the orientation time based on your child’s grade level. Orientation is scheduled for Aug. 14, 2017, at the school cafeteria. Kinder to 2nd grade at 12:30pm-1:30pm and 3rd to 5th grade at 2pm-3pm. Parents will be provided student placement after the orientation.
• Open House: SVS will be having an Open House on Aug. 18, 2017, at 5pm-6pm in their child’s respective classroom. Parents or legal guardians are highly encouraged to attend the Open House to begin the partnership for their child’s educational journey.
During the Open House, parents or legal guardians will get the opportunity to meet their child’s teacher and receive information regarding the expectations set forth for their child’s success.
• First day of school: Aug. 16, 2017, is the first day of school. School begins at 7:40am and dismissal is at 2:40pm. (PR)