THINGS TO KNOW
- As of April 9, 2020. All information may change without prior notice. For corrections and additions to this list, send an email to email@example.com or firstname.lastname@example.org, or call 235-6397 or 235-2440.
- The U.S. Department of Agriculture implements immediate measures to help rural residents, businesses and communities affected by COVID-19. Read about it at https://www.rd.usda.gov/sites/default/files/USDA_RD_SA_COVID19_ProgramImmediateActions04082020.pdf.
- The U.S. Department of Agriculture expands provisions for lenders to offer temporary exceptions to payment deferrals for agency guaranteed loan programs. See full details at https://www.rd.usda.gov/sites/default/files/USDA_RD_SA_COVID19_Guarantee_Loan_DeferralPayments04082020.pdf.
PREPARE DOCS NOW
Those planning to apply for the Pandemic Unemployment Assistance program should prepare these documents now:
- certification letter from their employer
- valid ID with photo
- copies of the latest paycheck stubs
- Social Security number
- Advice on the use of masks in the context of COVID-19. See link at www.saipantribune.com.
- Bank of Hawaii: Monday to Friday – 9am to 1pm (Saturdays closed)
- Bank of Guam Chalan Kanoa: Closed temporarily
- Bank of Guam Garapan: Monday to Friday – 9am-1pm; Saturday closed
- First Hawaiian Bank Oleai: Monday to Friday – 9am- 1pm; Saturday closed
- First Hawaiian Bank Gualo Rai: Monday to Friday – 9am- 1pm; Saturday closed
U.S. POSTAL SERVICE
- USPS Chalan Kanoa: Monday to Friday – 8:30am-4pm; Sat 9am-12pm
- USPS San Vicente: Monday to Friday – 12pm-5:30pm; Sat 12pm-3pm
- For a list of the status of open and closed stores and those with limited hours, go to https://docs.google.com/document/d/1fyRm2XtrIPg7hQ_XN_YbesQYP6IxVwghB_xAXRz44xI/edit
- For a list of the status of open and closed restaurants and those with limited hours, go to https://docs.google.com/document/d/1O8TVlgGVM-vXAT5a_o0Eac3tftLTjL2AV4iPem0Zqdo/edit
- For a list of their status, go to https://docs.google.com/document/d/15zg5hv22fhoKWoLQgasVb-bdioeJrpD5FjhdzgiBoW0/edit
- For a list of the status of open and closed medical services and those with limited hours, go to https://docs.google.com/document/d/1OGsdjdlau3mY8HABuqkioITq0j9Zr7L48FMpYdD8htU/edit
- For a partial list of the status of open and closed hotels and those with limited hours, go to https://docs.google.com/document/d/1O9fTmFzIsI-zev7M6YbPS_xHiq4vNxrxUKIh0v42GkE/edit
- Demystifying the CARES ACT: A primer for businesses. Plus Saipan Chamber of Commerce updates. See https://myemail.constantcontact.com/De-mystifying-the-CARES-ACT-and-Local-Updates.html?soid=1129193858340&aid=0EXsNhZzzis
- For more information about DIY face coverings, visit https://www.cdc.gov/coronavirus/2019-ncov/prevent-getting-sick/cloth-face-cover.html.
- Commonwealth Health Care Corp. services. See link at www.saipantribune.com.
- Frequently-asked-questions about direct assistance under CARES Act. See link at www.saipantribune.com.
- Needing mental health tips? See link at www.saipantribune.com.
- Announcement about re-opening of boat ramps and docks. See link at www.saipantribune.com.
- Announcement about re-opening of public beaches and pathways. See link at www.saipantribune.com.
- Avoid COVID-19 scams: Attorney General Edward Manibusan issues alert of coronavirus disease (COVID-19) scams. See link at www.saipantribune.com.
Settlement Fund office hours
The Settlement Fund office has reduced its service hours to half day. We are still restricting access to the public and will continue to receive and respond to inquiries by phone, fax and email only from 8am to 1pm, Monday – Friday. Fund staff will be available to assist members only by telephone, fax, or email. Contact Information for the Settlement Fund: tel: (670) 322-3863; fax: (670) 664-8080; email: email@example.com. (PR)
Source: Compiled by Saipan Tribune/Chevy Alipio