$2,500 bail for man accused of breaking into his ex’s home

Share

The CNMI Superior Court has imposed a $2,500 cash bail on a man who is accused of breaking into his former girlfriend’s house to cook some food.

Superior Court Associate Judge Joseph Camacho imposed a $2,500 cash bail on Zachary P. Manglona last Friday for allegedly breaking into his ex-girlfriend’s home on Tinian.

Manglona, 22, is charged with disturbing the peace domestic violence, vandalism, unlawful contact, contempt of court, and violating an order of protection.

The court ordered Manglona to return to court on Jan. 31, at 9am after he waived his preliminary hearing.

According to court documents, at around 11:51pm last Jan. 15, the victim called the Department of Public Safety after Manglona allegedly forced himself into her home while she and her children were asleep.

At the scene, police found Manglona in the kitchen and, before walking out he said “I didn’t hit or touch her,” the police report states.

After placing Manglona in a squad car, the victim told police that she was asleep in her bedroom with her children when she heard noises coming from the kitchen that sounded like someone was breaking in.

A few seconds later, the victim said she could hear the person, later identified as Manglona, breaking into her bedroom.

When he was inside, Manglona allegedly begged the victim not to call the police before going back to the kitchen to cook some food.

The victim also noted to police that back in October 2021, she took out a temporary restraining order against Manglona in another case assault and battery domestic violence.

However, in late November to beginning of December, the victim said she and Manglona decided to work on their relationship and started seeing each other again.

Then, on Jan. 17 or 18, while Manglona was at her house, the victim said a child tax check worth $600 went missing and when she asked Manglona if he took it, he denied it and even offered to help her find it when she returns home from dropping her child in school.

When she returned home, the victim said Manglona had already left and she had not heard from him until the break in.

Kimberly B. Esmores | Reporter
Kimberly Albiso Bautista has covered a wide range of news beats, including the community, housing, crime, and more. She now covers sports for the Saipan Tribune. Contact her at kimberly_bautista@saipantribune.com.
Disclaimer: Comments are moderated. They will not appear immediately or even on the same day. Comments should be related to the topic. Off-topic comments would be deleted. Profanities are not allowed. Comments that are potentially libelous, inflammatory, or slanderous would be deleted.