BREAKING NEWS: 3 killed while working in CUC well
Three men were killed while working inside a 24-foot well of the Commonwealth Utilities Corp.’s lift station at Pakpak Beach in San Antonio shortly before noon today, Friday. It is believed that they were killed by toxic gas in the well.
Saipan Tribune learned that the first worker descended into the well but later collapsed. The two other workers followed him, but both also collapsed.
Another person who learned about the incident then called 911.
The victims were working for a private company, which has been tasked to commission the well for rehabilitation, Saipan Tribune learned from a CUC staff.
Department of Fire and Emergency Medical Services firefighters in protective gear pulled out the victims, who were then brought to the Commonwealth Health Center.
More details to follow.