As of 11am today, Oct. 23, Typhoon Condition 2 has been declared on Saipan and Tinian, while Tropical Storm Condition 2 was hoisted over Rota, Alamagan, Pagan, and Agrihan due to the anticipated threat of Tropical Storm Yutu.
In a memorandum today, Gov. Ralph DLG Torres also advised that all government offices will be shut down today effective at 11:30am today, Oct. 23, and non-critical government employees will be released at that time.
The CNMI Office of Homeland Security and Emergency Management, through the CNMI Emergency Operations Center State Warning Point, will maintain 24-hour operation, monitor the movement of Yutu and will be issuing bulletins as they become available.
Additionally, HSEM advises to keep a close watch on updates to weather forecasts and stay informed on the latest statements and advisories which will be available through local media sources and NOAA Weather radio broadcast on 162.5 megahertz, or call CNMI EOC State Warning Point at 237-8000 or 664-8000, and for the Northern Islands to contact CNMI EOC State Warning Point at high frequency single side band radio on frequency 5.205.0.
- CNMI EOC State Warning Point Facebook: https://www.facebook.com/cnmieocswp/
- CNMI Office of the Governor Facebook: https://www.facebook.com/CNMIGov/
- Governor Ralph DLG. Torres Facebook: https://www.facebook.com/ralphdlg.torres/
- CNMI Joint Information Center: https://www.facebook.com/JICNMI/
- NWS Website: http://www.prh.noaa.gov/guam/
- NWS Facebook: https://www.facebook.com/NWSGuam/