Ukulele classes at JKPL
The Joeten-Kiyu Public Library registration for beginner and intermediate ukulele class is ongoing. It is open to children ages 8 years or older and adults. The total cost for eight class sessions is $50. Ukulele classes are held at the public library in partnership with ukulele instructor Larry Lee and children. Sessions are set to begin on Jan. 7, 2020, every Tuesday from 4:30pm to 5:30pm.
The JKPL ukulele class is based on “First come; first paid.” Students must provide their own ukuleles and a folder to hold music sheets (plastic sheet protectors and a 3-ring binder are recommended). Parents/guardians must sign a liability waiver Form on behalf of their participating children and must adhere to public library policies and procedures. For questions regarding ukulele class, call Celina Foreman or Caitlyn Crisostomo at 235-7315/7322 during regular library hours. Class dates are subject to change, unless otherwise specified. (PR)
Kumisión I Fino’ CHamoru meeting set
The Kumisión i Fino’ CHamoru yan i Fina’nå’guen i Historia yan i Lina’la’ i Taotao Tåno’ (Commission on CHamoru Language and the Teaching of the History and Culture of the Indigenous People of Guam) will hold its first January monthly meeting on Jan. 9, 2020, Thursday from 12:30pm to 3pm at the Guam Museum conference room, in Hågatña. Call Roland Blas, Kumisión secretary for special accommodations and agenda at 480-4047 or email at firstname.lastname@example.org. (PR)
Guam PTAC sets federal contracting workshops
The Guam Procurement Technical Assistance Center is offering free workshops to the public for January 2020. Workshops run from 9am-10am at the University of Guam in the Jesus and Eugenia Leon Guerrero Business and Public Admin Building, Margarita Perez & Jaime Tuquero IT&E Lecture Hall, Room 131(unless otherwise specified):
• Jan. 2: Invoice Processing Platform—Currently, 108 federal government entities, including USDA, DOI, and the Treasury use the Invoice Processing Platform to manage vendor invoicing and payments. The Guam PTAC will provide an overview of IPP.
• Jan. 9: Cybersecurity: Federal Contractor Responsibilities—Cybersecurity is a national security issue. We will discuss what Federal contractors can do to make sure they are complying with DOD requirements with respect to keeping data protected.
• Jan. 16: SBIR/STTR Programs—The Small Business Innovation Research and Small Business Technology Transfer programs encourage small businesses to engage in Federal Research and Development that has the potential for commercialization. We will explain the programs and show how innovators can get involved.
• Jan. 23: Government of Guam Procurement—The Guam PTAC will explain Government of Guam Procurement, where to find opportunities, and how to submit bids.
• Jan. 30: DLA Internet Bid Board System—The DLA Internet Bid Board System provides the capability to search for, view, and submit secure quotes for DLA supply RFQs, RFPs, and IFBs. The Guam PTAC will guide you through the process of setting up an account and navigating the system.
For Project Management Professionals, Guam PTAC workshops may count toward your annual Professional Development Unit goals!
Register at http://guamptac.com/news-and-events.php, or call/email Therese at email@example.com. Walk-ins are welcome.