4.6-magnitude quake in Guam
At 9:46am on Jan. 26, 2021, a report of a 4.6-magnitude earthquake occurred at 13.978°N 144.588°E 57 km north-northwest of Asan-Maina, Guam at a depth of 194.8 kilometers. (PR)
Ortizo named to the University of Delaware dean’s list
NEWARK, Delaware—Michael Roy Ortizo of Saipan has been named to the University of Delaware dean’s list for the fall 2020 semester. To meet eligibility requirements for the dean’s list, a student must be enrolled full-time and earn a GPA of 3.5 or above (on a 4.0 scale) for the semester.
Free webinars on federal contracting
The Guam Procurement Technical Assistance Center is offering free live webinars that run from 10am to 11:30am and will be conducted via Zoom. Links to the live webinar and the webinar evaluation will be emailed to all registered attendees 15 minutes before the start of the webinar.
– Jan. 28 – Marketing to the Federal Government – The government buys products and services differently than the private sector. The Guam PTAC will discuss marketing strategies, essential documents, and how to get your company on “the list”.
– Feb. 4 – Responding to RFPs – The Guam PTAC will walk participants through the common sections and clauses of an RFP as well as provide tips on developing a proposal in response to an RFP.
– Feb. 11 – Teaming Arrangements & JVs – What are they and which is right for your business? The Guam PTAC will discuss the Federal regulations related to these arrangements and discuss ways to use these arrangements effectively.
– Feb. 18 – Cybersecurity – The Guam PTAC will discuss what Federal contractors can do to make sure they are complying with DOD requirements with respect to keeping data protected. DOD’s upcoming Cybersecurity Maturity Model Certification (CMMC) and the DFARS Interim Rule will be discussed.
– Feb. 25 – PIEE – Do you have a DOD contract and need to get paid? The Guam PTAC will explain DOD invoicing procedures using the Wide-Area Workflow module in the Procurement Integrated Enterprise Environment system.
Register on our website: http://guamptac.com/news-and-events.php. (PR)